1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my first hangun, a SA Mil-Spec Stainless. I haven't sent in my coupon yet, but I was at Cabela's this week and figured I'd snag a "cheap" mag. I got the gun desk guy to give me a springfield to test the slide catch on- it worked. I knew it *couldn't* be that simple, but for 8 bucks... There's no dimple in the follower like the stock mag, but everything else looks REAL similar. It failed to lock back once, and 'stovepiped' (i think) between second-to-last and last shots twice. (that is, if a stovepipe is where the fired brass is stuck in the ejection port parallel to the round being fed from the magazine) The failure to lock back only happened on the first loaded magazine I fed it. After that it just did the stovepipe thing.

Is this attributed to the lack of a dimple on the follower? Was I shooting like a girl? (limp-wristing) Ugh... a least it hasnt screwed up on the factory mags. I searched and found a little info on the dimples, but couldn't find much on the Triple-K mags. The box states "guaranteed to fit" guess they're not "guaranteed to WORK"

GREAT FORUM, GENTS (and LADIES) I'll be seein' ya here quite often!!

·
Registered
79 Posts
My experience with Triple K is they are absolute junk. I haven't used them in a 1911 but did try a couple for a SIG and it jammed every couple of rounds.

The best magazines for a 1911 are Wilsons or Chip McCormick power mags. As far as cheaper mags, I've had good luck with Chip McCormick Shooting Star and Mec Gar.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your input. After my CCW qualification today... I agree- JUNK! I just hope I can find the box to take it back. Otherwise I'm gonna end up spending more time screwing around with it than it's worth. Gotta get that loaded coupon sent in...

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Triple K mags.... Triple K .... 3 K's..... KKK.

These guys, I dont know about them. They make holsters and mags and other stuff, but the name.....I have never been able to get over it......KKK...... Why that name?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts