1911Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
18,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any experience with the 10 round version of either of these mags? What are you thoughts?

I've had experience with the Wilsons and didn't care for them. The mag stop tang is too prone to breakage for me.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
hey LW, I have had some of the older type CMC 10rd power mags and like their little bro's the mag body is very robust and the springs are some of the stiffest I have seen.

The older ones had a different config base pad but the same follower as the rest. You know the type that may pitch down with out rounds.

Anyway, like the ones made today the quality was very good. If you can get by the pitching follower and I do with no problemo and find me a mag with a better spring in it. I have yet to inspect and compare the Tripp spring with the Power Mag spring.

btw, all I have been using for years have been the 8 round power mags. Also, CMC swapped me 6 of the very first old config mags with some new ones just because I wanted the newer version no ?'s asked.

·
Registered
759 Posts
I had initial problems with the CMC mags, but leaving them loaded for a couple of weeks took the bite out of them and they've been perfect since...just got a few Tripp mags and they've worked flawlessly right out of the box. I'm just unsure of the Tripps standing up to repeated slams...so anyone who has experience in this area - I'd like to know!

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Power mags

I prefer the Power Mags. I use 5 of them for duty use. I tried a Cobra Mag. Here is a link to my review.
10 rd. Cobra Mag review

BTW I still have not had a chance to contact Virgil directly about the mag issue.

·
Administrator
18,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I went ahead and ordered 2 CMC Power 10s...I'll give you guys an eval once I get my paws on them.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I prefer the CMC Power Mags to Tripp Cobra mags for 10rds. The Cobra Mags over-insert far too easy, the plastic sleeve will ride over the front strap making your gun inoperable and will mess up your checkering too. If you do a search, since this topic has been discussed several times, you'll find that several other people have had the same problem. On the other hand, the Cobra 8rd mags are the best thing going out there right now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.