1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone close enough to Virgil to see if we could get a group buy going on his mags? I see that there's dealer pricing available. I don't want to spend $44 on a magazine right now, but I could be convinced to spend, I don't know, $30-something to try them out.

I think it would make a lot of sense, marketing-wise, to have a bunch of 1911 forum people using his magazines.

·
Premium Member
20,401 Posts
I'd be interested also if he could come up with a reasonable price.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I would be interested as well.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
FYI:
Tripp now has a flush fitted magazine with welded base plate available to fit both the Officer and Government models (6rd Officer, 7rd Government), in .45 ACP. Also has a 7rd. Officer mag with the molded plastic base (fits great on those pistols with a mag well attached).

·
Registered
195 Posts
I'd really like to check out the 10mm mags, but not for $44 a pop.

·
Registered
27,694 Posts
When you get them down to $22 each, you can count me in for a couple.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Mr. Tripp advised me via email that he would entertain quantity pricing for his magazines for mixed orders over 20. The discount is $8 per mag for a cost of $36 each.

"John, Sorry the delay in reply. There is a LE discount of $4 per mag off retail (= $40). There is a quantity discount of $8 per mag (=$36 ) with a quantity 20 mag minimun order. Magazines do not have to be the same type.
Both discounts can't be used on the same order. Let me know. Thanks.
Regards, Virgil
----- Original Message -----
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Sunday, November 16, 2003 9:17 PM
Subject: WWW Form Submission"

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, $36 isn't all that much more than you'd pay for a Wilson if you had to stop by your local shop. I'm in for one.

(Let's not make this the "Those are too expensive/Wilsons are better/You're crazy" thread.)

Tally: 1

·
Registered
308 Posts
I just ordered one of their 8 rounders for the regular price. I'd be interested in a group buy for some 45 mags. Truthfully, I still don't see what the big deal is with spending 40 bucks when you have a thousand dollar gun.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I'm willing to try (1) of the 10mm's for that price. Hell, I paid that much for a Metalform with shipping. From what I've read, the 10mm's kick big booty!

1 - 20 of 80 Posts