1911Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just replaced the springs and followers in all of my wilson 47d's and Metalform magazines with the Super 7 magazine upgrade kit. Went out and shot today and all of my magazines that failed hold the slide back now work flawlesly in my Springfield TRP. I also had been having problems with failures to feed. Not a hickup today. Two thumbs up for Tripp Research. :rock:
Kurtiss

· Registered
4 Posts
Glad to hear all the positive words. :rock: I just received my upgrade kits from Tripp Research today, and replaced the innards of 5 of my Wilson Combat 8 rounders. They are now "Super 7's", and I can already feel the "crispness" in the spring. I can't wait to take them to the range later this week!
:rofl:

· Registered
4 Posts
so what am i doing wrong??

All these shining testaments persuaded me to buy several Super 7 kits. I've tried them in 8 round Metalform and McCormick cases... and can't get them to work.

The Tripp spring and follower presses the cartridges into the slide so tightly that a sharp pull on the slide will not eject a chambered round.

Another one would not accept more 6 rounds with the Tripp spring installed. The stock spring and tripp follower seems to handle 7 rounds fine.

What's up with this??

· Registered
269 Posts
I have had excellant luck with the Tripp 8 rounders. However, I also bought 4 of the Tripp ten rounders to use in matches and these have some serious issues. The first is that the rear of the mag mouth hits the ejector on every 1911 I've tried them in, (abought 10 total). This eventually resulted in a peened and loose ejector on my Custom Classic, which had a stock Kimber ejector. The second problem is that the plastic base pad extention which serves as the stop to prevent over insertion can bend away from the mag body quite easily allowing the mag to over insert jamming the gun. So I give a big thumbs up to the Tripp 8 rounders, but I think the 10 rounders need a major re-design.
BD

· Registered
1 Posts
OatWillie I had the same problem with the Trip spring installed, I then had a 6 round magazine. The problem was the spring was twisted.Take the spring out and lay it on a flat surface. With it laying on its side if its twisted it will be noticable. I twisted the spring in the opposite direction till it layed flat then reinstalled the spring back in the magazine body with the replacment follower. It fixed the problem and the magazine now it holds 7 rounds like it should with the replacment kit. I now have a 7 round shooting star magazine with better feed characteristics.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.