1911Forum banner

Tritium Night Sights?

1424 Views 7 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  PoodleShooter
I just bought a Stainless II. I don't like the sights at all (or the lack thereof), where should I go to get some tritium sights. Meps or Trijicon? Any others? Also what size am I looking for, on site listed 2 types: Colt Govt. 3 Dot front & rear night sight set.125 Tang and Colt Govt. 3 Dot night sight set .055 Narrow Tang.
What tang if any am I in search of for my Stainless II? Thanx.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
233 Posts
Novak has a set of Tritiums in their low mount sight set. Have a set on my Kimber and they are excellent. Give www.novaksights.com a try. A little more expensive, but smooth, low, and a great sight picture. Also, they drift directly into the Kimber dovetails. I think Dillon may even carry them, but I'd look around at places like Dillon, Brownell's, Novak's, etc. to find the best price.

[This message has been edited by gm45 (edited 10-16-2001).]

· Registered
98 Posts
Just put MMC sight's on my Kimber. They need a little work to make them fit even though I bought the ones made for Kimber. If I was to do it again I would have put Millet adj. sights on and had the slide cut to mount the rear one low. MMC's are nice thought.

· Registered
253 Posts
stay away from mepro's sights. lots of angry customers due to the sight dimming after only a 100rds or so. go with one of the ones listed and you should be okay.good luck.

------------------
Nothing like the smell of Breakfree to make my day complete.

· Registered
3 Posts
Avoid Mepro. I have a Kimber CDP with Mepros and I just had Trijicons put on a Colt. The Trijicons are much brighter than the Mepros. Also, the Trijicons are easier to see in the daylight because they have a white ring around the inserts. The Mepros do not have the white ring. Finally, a guy shooting next to me at Thunder Ranch last month had a Kimber CDP with Mepros (it was less than a year old) and the Mepros had dimmed so much that you could barely see them during our night fire exercises.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.