1911Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just bought a Trojan 5 ( have to wait until late Feburary next year to get it though) and I would like to replace the grips ( to nice to leave on there) with something else. Maybe a rubberise type? What have others done? Have you replaced your grips on your Trojan? What did you choose and why. What brands?
Let me know your thoughts
Thanks
David

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
Depending on the frame, aftermarket wraparound grips may not fit because the front strap on my Trojan is extended out too far. I used some Hogue rubber "panel" grips for a while.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just went to carbon creations and everything is colt 1911. I gather that anything colt 1911 will fit STI Trojan? Is that correct?
David

·
Registered
146 Posts
i just ordered Ahrends pakkawood grips for my Trojan, but remember you got to get new bushings and screws when you replace the grips that is if you got the thin grips on it.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I didnt order thin grips so I gather they are the standard grips. I would like to thank all of you that took some time out of your day to respond to my post and I would like to wish you all a very merry xmas and a happy new year.
Thanks again
David
From the Land Downunder.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Bman.
You seem very happy with your Trojan. I read the article and it was very interesting. I liked the pictures and the grips look good. I dont have large hands, just a large body but I think I will track a set down and give them a go. I also liked the look of the Alumagrip grips but I dont think they are available here in Australia. I could order them and have them sent over but it will cost too much, Believe it or not but it is just as cheap to buy Hogue grips in Australia as it is to bring them into the country yourself. Postage is the killer. The grips are cheaper to buy but once you add postage it can blow the costs right out of the water. I did get a good bargin the other day though. I bought a Safarilang 011 holster direct from Safariland. Had it shipped to a mate in the States and he sent it onto me. Total cost $110 Australian. They sell the same holster here for $365 to $400 Australian. Saved a bit of cash there!
Thanks Bman for your help. Merry Xmas to you and yours
David

1 - 9 of 9 Posts