1911Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all I am contemplating on sending my Trojan 45 to Mr. Tripp to get Hard chromed. Seeing as its going to cost me $100 to send it both ways is there anything I should think about having done while Mr. Tripp has the gun in his possession. As far as his custom pistolsmithing I know nothing of can be done. Another question I have is the gun only has about 500 rounds through it so I was wondering if I should wait a little longer until sending it off. My only concern is that its my "daily driver" and is holstered.

·
Registered
500 Posts
void said:
Hey all I am contemplating on sending my Trojan 45 to Mr. Tripp to get Hard chromed. Seeing as its going to cost me $100 to send it both ways is there anything I should think about having done while Mr. Tripp has the gun in his possession. As far as his custom pistolsmithing I know nothing of can be done. Another question I have is the gun only has about 500 rounds through it so I was wondering if I should wait a little longer until sending it off. My only concern is that its my "daily driver" and is holstered.
How does it shoot with various loads? If it has any issues or mag compatibility issue, you might want to ask Tripp for a full reliability package. He is the best expert to do this. But for me, STI warranty did everything I wanted for free (you pay only 1-way shipping, they pay shipping back to you).

·
Registered
902 Posts
Virgil's turn around time is usually very fast, within a week or two. I have sent him some of my "daily drivers" and received them back quickly. You will not be disappointed. Tripp does an excellent job!!:rock:

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
void said:

If you have no real issues with the gun I would have him do a reliability package and maybe bevel the mag well. Both will improve the functionality of the gun and won't cost an arm and leg.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info guys. I will be definatly sending it to Tripp very soon. Feel free to post pics of his work... :p

·
Registered
355 Posts
If you are paying $100 in shipping - do more research. Set up a Fedex account.. somthing. You should be able to ship for as little as $15 each way. Look at DHL as well.

Paul

·
Registered
500 Posts
pangris said:
If you are paying $100 in shipping - do more research. Set up a Fedex account.. somthing. You should be able to ship for as little as $15 each way. Look at DHL as well.

Paul
DHL expressly prohibits sending firearms and gun parts through their service. Fedex saver is the best, but not least expensive. It costs about $50 both ways.

·
Registered
Prized 1911A1 - Nighthawk Custom I built while attending gunsmithing program at Montgomery CC
261 Posts
use USPS through a friendly dealer, it should cost about 25 each way with insurance and delivery confirmation

·
Registered
355 Posts
Hessy said:
DHL expressly prohibits sending firearms and gun parts through their service. Fedex saver is the best, but not least expensive. It costs about $50 both ways.
Hessy, this is very interesting for a couple personal reasons - any link? I couldn't find that on their website.

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Phone Tripp, tell him which gun you have and how you use it, then ask him for suggestions and advice about what else to do. I've found him to be a straightshooter and knowledgable. Talk with him for a few minutes and I think you'll probably come to the same conclusion.

·
Registered
500 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts