1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently old-lefty posted some pictures of a Springfield Loaded in .40S&W he recently purchased and I thought I would post some pictures of my Trophy Match in .40S&W. I don't know how many were made in .40, but it seems to me Springfield started making some Trophy Match in .40s' when Robbie was winning the first of many of the Single Stack Classic with his Custom Sprinfield in .40 not that had anything to do with me getting one.;)

I had some custom work done on it with the S&A Magwell, trigger job, and reliability work for the .40 loaded long to 1.200". The only problem encountered is a very tight magwell that won't accept just any 10MM mag. I do have 4 CMC 10MM Mags that will insert and release. My pistolsmith looked at it and said the magazine well was made tight for the megar .40 mags which do fit it without binding.

·
Registered
5,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
shoot-r said:
Mr. Gary, Let us know how it shoots and how it's accuracy is.
Gary is my first name, so just call me Gary.:) Here's a better picture of the slide markings. It looks better than the picture though.

I believe Springfield should make this pistol again as many USPSA Competitors already load .40 for their Limited Pistols and .40 is a bit cheaper to shoot. Myself I also find less torque when shooting a .40 comparied to the .45 with my grip. Others I've asked notice no difference.

Currently Springfield Custom has my old 90 Series Springfield that Dave and Debbie are seeing being built into as fine of 1911 as others I own worked on by them. I'll do a range report when I get that one. It's barrel shoots the Winchester White Box 165gr. to a 168 Power Factor.

·
Registered
5,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here's another picture. I don't have any pictures of range targets, but it shoot my reloads and Winchester 165gr into under 2" when I do my part. Besides for a tight magwell I may ask Springfield to take a look at the only other thing I don't like is that hole in the barrel hood. I hate these as much as I do the locks on current S&W revolvers Can't wait to buy the S&W Model 40, but that's another story.

·
Premium Member
5,511 Posts
GARY
That is just too good looking a pistol - it is awesome. I saw one on GB - Trophy Match .40 cal. --- I bet it is a really accurate shooter. I found out mine was made in 2002 -- when was yours made? I have only seen a few which is why I decided to get mine. I wish I had gotten the TM model. OH WELL!

Fusion Firearms sell 40cal mags with base pads that will surely fit with the magwell.
What finish is on your?

·
Registered
5,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
old-lefty said:
GARY
That is just too good looking a pistol - it is awesome. I saw one on GB - Trophy Match .40 cal. --- I bet it is a really accurate shooter. I found out mine was made in 2002 -- when was yours made? I have only seen a few which is why I decided to get mine. I wish I had gotten the TM model. OH WELL!

Fusion Firearms sell 40cal mags with base pads that will surely fit with the magwell.
What finish is on your?
I'm not sure what year it was made, but I got it in the late 90s'.:scratch: The mags are tight in the body of the magazines. The bottoms with pads fit fine and this problem exsisted before the S&A was installed. It's finished in Armory Coat. I really need to send it back to Springfield when they get done with my other .40.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts