1911Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I've been lurking here for about 5 minutes, and figured I would pester you all with my questions.

I'm looking for a new 1911, and have narrowed my choices down to a Springfield Trophy Match Stainless, Springfield TRP Stainless, or a Kimber Eclipse II.

I was browsing around Springfield's site, but could not find any really good differences between the TRP and the Trophy Match, besides the sights.

Can anyone shine a light on this for me? Is there something I missed? Yes, I did a search on this board, and didn't really find any info on the differences.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can set me straight.

------------------
No 1911 yet, but saving money, asking questions, researching, and generally annoying everyone I can until perhaps someone buys one for me so I shut up.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Smithmeister, I have both, the TRP is 1 month old and the T.match is 5 months old. My TRP is in A-Kote which looks very nice. The TRP shoots as well as the TM accuracywise yet it will not stop. I have had a rash of FTF's in the Trophy. I think the TRP being a tactical gun is set up to err on the side of reliability rather than pure accuracy as in a game gun. Ambi safty and Night Novaks are nice as well. Whatever you do, go with Springfield Armory. Kimber makes fragile part-timer toys with non-exsistant customer svc. Just my .02 Dave

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks MulsanneArnage. I have decided the TRP is the way to go. I will be using it for both range duty, and a nightstand gun.

Anyone have any good online resources to purchase one from? My local shops are blood-sucking vampyres. The cheapest one I can find locally is $1200. I have seen them going on gunbroker for around $1050-$1100. I'm looking for the stainless version.

------------------
No 1911 yet, but saving money, asking questions, researching, and generally annoying everyone I can until perhaps someone buys one for me so I shut up.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I got my TRP at a show for $1000 and was instantly elevated from none gun owner to celebrety status. I love the piece, the action is smooth and tight... (lets not go there
)

[This message has been edited by ShootinSpirit (edited 09-07-2001).]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts