1911Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone got/shot a trophy match???? whats it like ? worth the money? i've got a new loaded 9mm which i think is great,but would like something more accurate.

·
Registered
411 Posts
My best friend just bought a Trophy Match last month. It is stainless steel. He loves the gun. It is very nice. The gun is accurate and has had no feeding problems even with his reloads. Fit & finish are excellent. The 20 lpi checkering is sharp but not too sharp in my opinion. His gun is picky about mags though. It seems to like Wilson 8 rounders. It hates McCormicks and Colt factory mags. I loaned him some of my Wilson's and there were no problems. I don't think you will be disappointed with a Trophy Match.

Shooter Ready?

·
Registered
118 Posts
I have a Trophy Match Longslide with Wilson Ambidextrous Thumb Safety and am in the process of getting it a Black-T finish (just like the Professional Model).

Recoil is almost unnoticeable, accuracy is phenomenal!

I figured, why not go ahead and get everything I wanted now and not pay more for upgrades later?

Glad I did! I'll keep this gun 'til I die.

------------------
The fox knows many tricks; the hedgehog one good one. -Archilochus

Beware the man with only one gun.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I read an article just today stating that the frames are finished here in the US, unlike the Brazilian made Loaded and Mil-Specs. There is a different barrel on the Trophy Match too. Apparently it is a one piece made to specs by an outside firm (I do not recall the name). The Mil-Specs and Loaded feature the two piece barrels according to the article.

A rep said to expect 2 to 2.5 inch accuracy with match ammo at 25 yards (she did not specify what brand). Pretty good for the price. The magazine article recorded an overall average of 2.1 inches as I recall using an average of 6 to 8 loads from various manufacturers. I believe this was from a Ransom Rest device.

I like the TRP better because of the fixed Novak night sights and it is just a little more in Stainless than the cost of the Trophy Match but I am sure many people appreciate adjustable sights. I am just not one of them (yet).

John

·
Registered
271 Posts
I received my Trophy Match on May 1 and ran
1K rounds through it in three days. This was all handloads with 230 FMJRN, 230 Cast RN and 230 cast TC bullets in front of 6.5 grains of Unique. No MFs that could be
attributed to the pistol. Used the 2 Colt mags that came with the pistol, 2 Wilson-Rogers and 2 Shooting Stars. 1 Shooting Star failed to latch slide open on last shot and it was laid aside. Toward the end of the 1K, 1 Wilson failed to latch on last shot. It too was laid aside. Both these mags were tried 3 times and failed each time.
The factory mags never faltered. It is more accurate than I am and very reliable. I am
very well pleased.

------------------
John

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks to all, looks like a trophy match will be my next SPRINGFIELD

·
Banned
100 Posts
Get one!!!!! I have a PI9140L love at first sight. Only thing done in Brazil on this little baby is MAJOR cuts on slide. Then they do all the slide cuts/frame in Geneseo on their top of the line CNC machines. They they hand fit her. NM Bushing/Barrel which is a StormLake. Brownells price on barrel alone is $148. You will love it. I smokes my other SA's.
Liitle advice use "RIG" + stainless on your slide to frame makes it function like hotbutter. Let us know when you bring her home.

·
Banned
100 Posts
Doh! spoke to soon my other SA a Aok but took New 9140 out today. Very very displeased. She's going to be swapped for a Kimber Gold Match first thing tomorrow which had 1 box threw it and shot 2.5 offhand 25 yards. Maybe they just are backlogged and rushing just a tad to get the TM out. Still luv SA though.

"wise man once said 1 bad apple can be thrown out and won't sour the bunch"

1 - 8 of 8 Posts