1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
During a session at the range today, I seem to have come across some trouble. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with this and could provide any insight. I was practicing some double taps. I would run two sets of shots, drop the mag(factory Colt mag) and then reload(with Wilson 8 rounder). Whils doing so, the second pull of a quick double tap would not drop the hammer. This seems to happen when using the Wilson mags from time to time. Originally I thought that I may not have let the cycle finish, but I don't think there's any way. Could the Wilson mags be slowing the cycle time for some strange reason or is there another problem? Any insight would be helpful.

------------------
Simian

NRA Life Member

·
Banned
14,948 Posts
I think you are not allowing the trigger to re-set itself for the second "tap". I think it is just coincidence that you happen to have Wilson mags in at the time. The rounds are feeding OK, right?

Make sure the trigger is releasing enough to re-set the disconnector.

·
Registered
89 Posts
The Wilson mag could be causeing the trigger to drag. Are there any marks on the side of the mag? Also, it could be that the sear spring is rubbing on the back of the mag. This second condition can produce such a situation you discribe. If the gun is not running the way you want a trip to a good gunsmith is in order. These problems are not difficult to correct easly. Teal Blue

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The rounds are feeding alright. When the situation occured I stopped and then fired the next shot no problem. Real wierd. That's why I was not sure if I was allowing the trigger to reset or not.

------------------
Simian

NRA Life Member

·
Registered
402 Posts
The sear spring cannot rub on the back of the magazine. However, you will find that the disconnector can do this. One example that comes to mind is in a McCormick/Kimber frame that has had a non-McCormick disconnector installed.
-Sparks

·
Banned
14,948 Posts
Originally posted by Sparks:
The sear spring cannot rub on the back of the magazine-Sparks

Yes it can, if it is not tuned correctly. The middle leaf can touch the mag, although that has nothing to do with Simian's problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts