1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there,
New forum member with a question regarding gunsmithing a Citadel 1911, 9mm full size. I complete disassembly and complete re-assembly a brand new Citadel, however when I put it back I can't cock the hammer back. I pull back the hammer and the hammer just go forward. the only way I can cock the hammer is if I pull the hammer back, engage the thumb safeties and then disengage the safeties and the hammer stay back. Also, I can press the trigger and release the hammer without pressing the grip safety. Any idea of what I did wrong? This is not the first 1911 I completely disassembly. I have taken apart other Series 70 such as colt, Norinco, springfield with no problem whatsoever. Please help. thank you.

·
Premium Member
14,685 Posts
what you're describing doesn't make much sense to me

but I;d have a look at the sear spring to be sure it's in the correct position

it's about the only thing you can get wrong and still get the pistol back together
(assuming no "extra" parts laying on the bench):p

..L.T.A.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Yep, it's ok. Rookie mistake, I did it too when I first detail stripped my Citadel. I still have to look up how the spring goes back in since I don't detail strip it enough (keep this picture on my phone!!)

·
Registered
921 Posts
This may give you some help. Break the Frame down again and follow this fellow's step by step to reassemble. One step he omits and simplifies the assembly - before installing the Sear & Disconnector, install a Magazine. Easier to lay them on the flat, back surface of a magazine to slide into position. Don't bother removing the Magazine Release or Trigger Assembly unless you just want to practice. Be sure the Sear Spring appears as his photos indicate.

http://how-i-did-it.org/detail-1911/reassembly.html

1 - 6 of 6 Posts