1911Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gents,

I was curious to see if anyone had any experience replacing their factory TRP barrel with a hard fit after market barrel (kart or nowlin) If so how did it copmare to the factory tube, did you notice a drastic improvement in accuracy and would you do it again.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
We have done tons of them here. I usually just recommend a hard fit bushing and an oversized slide stop on TRP's. That will usually get you pretty amazing accuracy.
This is good to know...I really didnt even think of this option.

Also is there one match bushing that is better quality over another?

·
Registered
148 Posts
@ Jim from Alchemy. Would a fitted oversized slide stop also increase accuracy with the Bull barrel version of the TRP? Thanks, Tony

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Are you shooting from a bench at 25 yards? Then yes. If you're shooting offhand at under 25? No.

Gents,

I was curious to see if anyone had any experience replacing their factory TRP barrel with a hard fit after market barrel (kart or nowlin) If so how did it copmare to the factory tube, did you notice a drastic improvement in accuracy and would you do it again.

·
Registered
5,024 Posts
It very well could. Standard diameter of the Springfield slide stop is usually .197-.198". EGW makes .200 diameter, and .203 diameter pin slide stops. If you can push down on the hood of your barrel and get movement, perhaps an oversized slide stop is in order.

As far as barrel bushings go, it just depends. I don't really believe that EGW bushings are the best for flat out accuracy due to the long bearing surface. They are hard to tune for function and keep tight to the barrel. Kart bushings are easier to keep tight and tune for accuracy. You can always go with the EGW angle bored bushing to help make tuning for function easier while maintaining tight tolerances between bushing bore and barrel o.d.

@ Jim from Alchemy. Would a fitted oversized slide stop also increase accuracy with the Bull barrel version of the TRP? Thanks, Tony

·
Registered
148 Posts
Thank you sir!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts