1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone here a while back said they had gotten a set of TRP composite grips(grey w/ cutout) for like 40 bucks from SA

I called SA today to order a pair and they are 70 dollars so I passed

I dont know if the price changed but just FYI:bawling:

·
Registered
171 Posts
If I am not mistaken, they are the Mil-tac G10 grips, they list for 69 on there as well

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Yes I remember that thread. I told him at that time that I was sure Springfield sold them for $70-80 but he swore he had just bought some and could post the receipt. Of course, he never did!:biglaugh:
Mil tac grips are nice. I've got a set of G10s from Wilson Combat. Very nice looking, extremely durable, and very "grippy". Larry Davidson also make the same style of grips. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
9,803 Posts
Yes I remember that thread. I told him at that time that I was sure Springfield sold them for $70-80 but he swore he had just bought some and could post the receipt. Of course, he never did!:biglaugh:
Mil tac grips are nice. I've got a set of G10s from Wilson Combat. Very nice looking, extremely durable, and very "grippy". Larry Davidson also make the same style of grips. Good luck.

I think the TRP grips are Larry Davidsons. Get them from him directly for $65.

·
Registered
294 Posts
re

They are worth it IMHO. :biglaugh:

·
Registered
525 Posts
One note. The G10s are VERY heavy. 2.2oz to be exact. On my TRP they put the gun overweight for IDPA. It just made weight for Single stack in USPSA. I replaced them with a set of micartas from VZ and lost over an oz.

Obviously, not an issue if you don't compete... but something to be advised of.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts