1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know what's the story with the full rail TRP?
It's not included in SA catalog.
It's nowhere on SA web site.
I heard that SA has discontinued them altogether.
I heard that only SA Custom shop makes small batches every once in a blue moon.

But, go to Gunbroker.com and behold: 80% of all railed new in box TRPs are the full rail model, not the half-rail model shown in the catalog. What's going on?

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
Does anybody know what's the story with the full rail TRP?
It's not included in SA catalog.
It's nowhere on SA web site.
I heard that SA has discontinued them altogether.
I heard that only SA Custom shop makes small batches every once in a blue moon.

But, go to Gunbroker.com and behold: 80% of all railed new in box TRPs are the full rail model, not the half-rail model shown in the catalog. What's going on?
ppl on gunbroker will sometimes try to tell you that they are discontinued to try to get mo money out of you. there are constantly new ones coming on there.

you can order one from the custom shop but ive been told that the wait is 12-18 months.

they still make'em. they just arent on the catalog etc... i just bought a brand new one from a reputable place in september. they got 4 of them in at once. dunno why they arent in the catalog.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
SA is getting ready for the SHOT show now and will be revamping the web site soon. I got that directly from Debbie. I complained to her about the lack of nfo on the TGO1.

George

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
There are periodic runs of the TRP Operator full rail - There have been a couple that have floated thru my local gunshop in the past 6-8 months.

You can also buy a full rail custom operator from the custom shop like I did. But, the gun starts at $2600. It's essentially a full railed version of the pro if you go that route, however. It's all hand made, instead of being a production gun. It is sweet and a super nice gun! I've posted my photos tons of times, so I won't bother for the guys that are sick of seeing it :p

Be aware that the wait is about 11-12 months on a custom shop gun. I got my full rail custom operator this past summer, and I ordered it last year.

·
Registered
8,986 Posts
they went to the short rail (as normal production) a few years ago.
full rails pop-up every now & then.
you can get a full rail built by the Custom Shop still.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts