1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
bought one of these because wanted a springfield for a long time and only other 1911 is customized/accurized and not 100% reliable.

Havent shot it yet (its stainless) the gun seems very tightly fit but its not hard at all to pull it out of battery. The 20 lpi is definitely more chaffing than 30, i almost want to throw some skateboard tape over it. Looks much better with black micarta S&A grips. Will let yeall know about the shootin...

At the same time picked up a glock 35. Wonderfully balanced gun. Sportin heine straight eight nightsights...

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Clark: I just picked up my TRP on Saturday. Can't wait to get to the range-I'll be interested in comparing notes with you after the initial work out. geegee

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Let's see...The "glock" is wonderfully balanced...but the SA needs skateboad tape before you even shoot it...

...wonder where this is heading?

------------------
>>>>>>>>>>g2<<<<<<<<<<

I Like The Shade Too!

·
Registered
658 Posts
Clark,

Got a TRP a couple of years ago and havn't had a problem with it except the screw on the rear sight worked loose. Actually a friend of mine and I bought our TRPs on the same day and we both had a problem with the rear sight screw working loose. Nothing to worry about, nothing a little Loctite can't fix.

I've also go a glock 35 with the Heinie straight 8 night sights, it's a good gun. The problem that I had when I had the Glock 22 and 23 is after shooting 1911s for a while, I'd shoot the Glocks and all of my shots would be high due to the different grip angles and shorter barrels. Ever since I've had my 35 I havn't had that problem.

Anyway I hope you enjoy both of your new pistols.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts