1911Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The full range report is here: link

I am amazed at its accuracy - shooting point-of-aim, I was consistently putting round after round into almost the same hole (albeit at 7 yards), whereupon I'd eventually get giddy and toss a round about an inch away.

The gun is very tight with an excellent trigger.

After 130 rounds, the only hitch was where I had two instances of failure to feed (last round of the magazine) and two instances where the slide did not lock back and the magazine would not release, but had to be released by pushing down on it from the ejection port. Both the feed and release problems each happened with both magazines. I'm assuming (hoping) this will go away as the gun wears in.

-Dave

·
Banned
1,370 Posts
Congrates on the new pistol.

I have both the SS TRP and a TRP Operator. The Operator was tight as heck NIB so I worked the slide a couple hundred times, cleaning and re lubing in between.

My SS TRP on the other hand must have seen a bunch of rounds at the factory........Initial breakdown and cleaning was way dirty, like maybe 200-300 rounds or so.

Didn't bother me as it shot 100% the 1st time out....so I look at it like SA broke it in for me :D

Try Militec and work the slide a couple hundred times then hit the range again.

Karsten

1 - 2 of 2 Posts