1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my stainless TRP a week ago and have so far put 250 rounds through it will no malfunctions. I love the gun, very accurate. Feels like a high quality piece of machinery.

I tried four different mags-
Wilson P-47D
Wilson ETM
CMC Power mag
stock 7 rounder.

They all function flawlessly if the slide is locked back and the magazine is inserted.

Without the mag pulled back the P-47 is hard to get to lock in and then it won't feed the first round. You can't pull the slide back, something jammed up.

Anyone else seen issues with the P-47's on spring fields? Think I have anything to worry about?

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
I had the same problem with mine, so I don't use Wilson mags in my TRP. I bought some Chip McCormick mags to use in it and and they work great.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
I have not had any problems with 47-d's or any other mags in my AK TRP.Some people have reported issues with them and the 10 round cmc's.There's quit a few threads on this and how to get them to work right.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
The Wilson mags are not always reliable in my TRP, but the CM mags always, always work. I stay with 8 round mags from anybody.

all the best.....

·
Registered
6,646 Posts
I have one Wilson ETM that my TRP Operator does not like at all. I just marked it and placed it back in the safe. All my other Wilson ETM and CMC mags run like a champ in my TRP and other 1911's. The mag the TRP doesn't like does work just fine in my other 1911's so I don't know what's up with it. I've got more than enough mags so I don't sweat it.

·
Registered
148 Posts
My TRP will not lock open with Wilson 47D's after the last round by either manual manipulation of the slide or firing the last round. Never had a "malfunction" because of these mags just didn't lock open. Slide locks open last round every time with Chip's. I have two Kimbers that refuse to work in the same fashion with Chips but Wilsons do the trick. Is what it is.

·
Registered
259 Posts
TRP's are known to be finicky, common problem.

I use power mags and have no trouble!

I tried my buddies Kimber mags and a big no go.

·
Premium Member
2,366 Posts
All 1911's seem to prefer one mag over the other, a good reason to buy a single mag by brand and try before buying a bunch.

My Loaded loves Chips but does not care for either Wilson's or Kimber mags.

Bill

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
I have had trouble with 8 round mags no matter what the make. Through several 1911's and types of 8 roiunders, CMC, Wilson, etc. 8 rounders can be hard to seat in some guns but not in others. The one mag that I found works most reliably with all my guns is the Wilson #47 7 rounder. Other mags that seem to work great are other 7 rounders such as Checkmate and Tripp.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
This is nothing new with 47Ds My two TRPs don't like Wilson mags don't feel bad

·
Registered
219 Posts
I had no idea so many TRP owners had problems with WC mags. I have nose dive problems with the old ETM's. The new flat-wire ETM seems to work great. My TRP also likes the CMC powermags.

·
Registered
72 Posts
At first (roughly 1K rounds) my TRP wouldn't slide lock with the 47d's, now it does for whatever reason. My ETM's have given me no issue what so ever. When shooting IDPA I only use my ETM's when doing USPSA I start with a 47d since I don't (hopefully) have to reload from a slide lock and my belt starts with the ETM's ending with a 47d. Need to buy about 10 more ETM's :) Right after I bought my TRP I was reading that some where having issues with the 47d and the next morning at a match sure enough no slide lock....

·
Registered
744 Posts
Well I just ordered 12 47d for my trp operator. I hope they work ..if not I will be posting in wts wtt...

·
Registered
115 Posts
My AK TRP didn't like the Wilson 47D mags so I sold them. It would function OK but not lock open when empty. All 6 mags I had did the same thing. No issues whatsoever with the SA mags - 100%!

·
Registered
9,138 Posts
I wonder what is different with some of the TRP that makes them choke on Wilson 47s?
Wilson 47s are the Gold Standard of 1911 mags.
Finding a magazine that will work reliably in all of one's various 1911s can be quite a chore. All of my 1911s, especially the Springers, are 100% reliable with Wilsons.

I would echo the other members in suggesting that you try McCormicks. Tripp mags are excellent also.

·
Registered
4,948 Posts
I wonder what is different with some of the TRP that makes them choke on Wilson 47s?
Wilson 47s are the Gold Standard of 1911 mags.
Finding a magazine that will work reliably in all of one's various 1911s can be quite a chore. All of my 1911s, especially the Springers, are 100% reliable with Wilsons.

I would echo the other members in suggesting that you try McCormicks. Tripp mags are excellent also.
I've never heard of anyone having a problem with a 47 in any gun. They are the gold standard of reliability, not the 47D. I've seen plenty of instances where the D wouldn't run or lock back, hand 'em a 47 and the gun runs fine.

I always recommend CMC Powermags for 8 rounders, and maybe now the ETM.

I also wonder what it is with the TRP that doesn't like 47Ds. I have two Springfield Customs that eat like hogs through any mag.

·
Registered
808 Posts
I use the 47D's without issue in my TRP and MC Operator. My TRP doesn't like to feed the first round out of my ETM mags though, if I only load them with 7 rounds they work fine. I just don't use the ETM's with the TRP.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts