1911Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:(

I don't know what happened but here goes. Late last night I went to the club with a bunch of the guys to do some night shooting. I brought along my CQB, TRP Op, & TRS. Well I let my buddy shoot my TRP Op and TRS as I was doing some night drills with my carry gun (CQB). My bud calls me over and says the slide won't drop when engaging the slide stop. I'm like, "huh?"

Sure enough the slide was "locked" open no matter what. So I put it aside and continued my drills. I got home around 11pm last night and took it to the basement to do some inspecting. I tried to push the slide forward but it would not budge. Then I tried to field strip it and the slide stop would not budge out :mad: I'm getting frustrated and finally it pops out. I pull the slide off and to my surprise the guide rod stayed captive w/o the little pin! Further inspection the barrel link was stuck to the point I could not even move it back and forth.

Forgive me if I'm not explaining this right as i was up till 3am trying to figure out why the barrel link was stuck and why the recoil spring stayed captive.......

does this make any sense? I called my gunsmith and he said to come over tomorrow at 5pm (after he closes) and he'll take a gander at it. thoughts? :confused: Did I do something wrong or ....

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
:( well the smith looked over my TRP Operator and said that the ejector is loose and could break at anytime. I have no idea how this could have happened.

The other two things - recoil spring - was binded and he got it undone. The barrel link binded as well from a small burr and he was able to remove the link and sand that burr away so that the barrel link would fall freely. He also noticed that the extractor tension is weak but I told him not to do anything to it...

I don't know, I'm kinda bummed at hearing this. I want to take it out and shoot it some more. If something happens then so be it.... oh well.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
oh well, looks like i'm going to send it back to SA for service. I just don't understand how the ejector could have gotten so loose. I've only had this gun for maybe 4 months at the most. Oh well - we shall see what happens...

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
man i'm having bad luck. tonight at the range i did some more test firing and now I'm having TONS AND TONS of failures.

The problem now is the spring. When I rack the slide I hear a "gritty" noise and its hard to pull back on the slide. I think the smith that looked at it before might have maybe bent the spring? I can't tell just by looking at it but... does this sound like that is what happened?

·
Registered
276 Posts
The problem now is the spring. When I rack the slide I hear a "gritty" noise and its hard to pull back on the slide. I think the smith that looked at it before might have maybe bent the spring? I can't tell just by looking at it but... does this sound like that is what happened?
Mine sounded the same way. It WAS bent. I replaced it with a 18.5 lb recoil spring and all is well now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts