1911Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have owned this gun for a couple of weeks now and have shot 200 rounds through it and let me say, IT IS WONDERFUL! I have come to tolerate the guide rod and dealing with a stupid bobby pin to keep the spring compressed. However I am getting more and more frustrated with not being able to pull the rod out after compressed. The plunger ( i think thats what its called) isnt short enough to pull out of the slide so I have to stick a small something another (allen wrench) into the front of the slide to further push the "plunger" in so it will clear the slide and pull the assembly out! The "plunger" is flush with the slide and rod when assembled so I dont think it is to long. Could my hole in the rod not be in the right spot?

Were talking maybe .005 isnt letting it come out, so its not that much, but i hate to sand it and loose the finish on it!!! Help Please

·
Registered
836 Posts
Here's what I did to my TRP OP. I took the 2 piece guide rod out of my standard TRP and chucked the forward portion into the lathe. Shortened the end of it slightly then installed in the TRP Op. As much as I don't like the 2 piece rods I find this is easier to deal with.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts