1911Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After shooting my TRP OPerator in various 3 Gun and IPSC matches using a Hogue Powerspeed holster, something better has finally come around. Blade-Tech is about two weeks on delivering high quality Kydex holsters specifically for the Operator pistols, both Mil-Spec and TRP models. They have a plethora of models and finishes to choose from. Last time I checked they do not have any pics on the web site, but you can get a feel for the different models available.
At present time, they only have holsters available for Operators without a light mounted. I was told once they get some, they'll have those too.
Again, for those still clueless, both the Insights M3 and the Surefire P101 and P111 will fit perfectly on the Operator.

·
Registered
474 Posts
FLSi,
Glad to see the holster options improving. I had a kydex custom made for my TRP-OP by Skunkworks here in Spokane. It works very well and I am pleased with it's performance. I have 1,000 rds through my Operator now without a single glitch. I am well pleased with it to say the least. I am using the M-3 and it suits me just fine. How is yours shooting?

------------------

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just found out from Safariland's Southeast Rep that their unequalled model 6004 thigh rig will be made for the Operator with an M3 or M6 attached! This should leave little doubt that the Operator is being used by LE/Military Tactical teams. It is the holster of choice for folks in those communities.

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Just doing a search here for TRP Operator holsters and remembered this one. Did anyone very get the blade tech holster, and if so, how did it work out?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I got the standard Balde-Tech Concealex hip holster in stealth black with a speed cut. I absolutely love it. Fit and finish are both outstanding. I also found out by sheer luck that Eagles thigh rig for a 1911 with light attachment will also fit the Operator. I was shooting with some LEOs who quickly fell in love with my Operator. We tried it in their holster and it would fit with the M3 or the P101. I do have experience with Safariland, but this was my first use of an Eagle product. I came away very impressed with both the quality and the flexibility.

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Thanks FLSi, I'll give the Blade Tech a more serious look. I'm large enough to carry the TRP Operator if I can find a good holster. Picked up a tac holster for the range, need something for CC.

[This message has been edited by col132 (edited 11-03-2001).]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts