1911Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all,

I have a brand new Springfield TRP SS (got it last week) and upon reading some of the comments I have 2 questions:

1-being a SS slide do I have to worry about the slide developing a crack at the slide stop in the future? Is there a stronger spring to slow down the slide so that it would not hit the frame so hard. Is my worry real, or the chances of getting a crack is small.

2-right of the box the beaver tail safety grip feels light to the touch. I have a strong hand and would like to feel some resistance. Right now if a put a green pea on it it will depress. Before I go to the gunsmith (I try to avoid this) what can I do to stiffen the grip. Does any of you have any experience of what parts to remove and how to make the grip feel stronger?

Please help.

------------------

·
Registered
81 Posts
I do not see why a crack would develop, this problem has been a non-issue for a while. That is unless I missed a lot of complaints on this issue.

To add more pressure on the beavertail, you will have to adjust the sear spring, the far right leaf. Get any book or web sight on how to disasemble the 1911. It is fairly easy with some guidence. I'm sorry I do not have the knowledge to put those direct links in here.

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Take it out and shoot the tar out of it and enjoy it. If any problems arise Springfield will take care of them. You can adjust the tension on the grip safety, but if it popping out on its own and blocking the trigger from rearward movement, then it is doing its job.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Stop fussin' start shootin'...the quicker you get the first couple thousand through it the better...Enjoy it and be safe...Keep it clean and lubed and inspect it while yer' cleanin' it...shoot it 'til it begs fer' mercy...

------------------
>>>>>>>>>>g2<<<<<<<<<<

!!!Molon Labe'!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts