1911Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
TRP shoots 3" low at 7 yards & 7" @ 25 yards

Well guys my first day at the range with my TRP. At 7 yards it shoots 3" low. Didn't try it at 25 yards, but what can I expect at that range? I ran out of time, and will give it another try tomorrow. My friend also had the same results.
Springfield Armory only said try it at 25 yards, and let them know.
What has your experiences been with the TRP, and shooting low. Needless to say I wasn't pleased with the results my first day. Had no malfuctions using 230 gr winchester white box ammo.

·
Premium Member
20,434 Posts
I'll bet it's set up to hit point-of-aim and you're setting the target on top of the post.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was using the 6 o'clock sight picture on a 25 yard bulleye. Then I elevated the front sight all the way up to the top of the slide, and still was an inch low. This all at 7 yards.
Will shoot from a better rest position tomorrow. I'll also try point of aim.
Thanks for you help.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Jay,
My TRP had the same problem, about 4" low at 7yds and 7" low at 25yds. Sent it back to SA and they replaced the front post with a .140 post. Solved all the problems and only took about 10 days. Now it truly shoots accurately @ 25 yds with a 6 O'clock hold and is very reliable.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Fired today at 25 yards, 6 0'clock point of aim, and as you would expect the same as yours 7" low.
Talked with SA, and will send it off today.
Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Mine did the same thing, I sold it. It was a great gun in all other respects. I don't mind parting with it, I never shot it that much anyway.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts