1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking at the TRP vs the TRP with Rail as my first 1911 purchase and I found I really like the TRP with the Rail because of more options with the rail. However, I'm not sure about that bull barrel on it.

If I ever decide I don't want a bull barrel is it something I can swap out for another barrel or am I stuck with the bull barrel for life?

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
barrel

The slide is actually precut for a bushing so you could change it over. There is a thread not to long ago where someone did just that.

·
Registered
200 Posts
impala_ss said:
The slide is actually precut for a bushing so you could change it over. There is a thread not to long ago where someone did just that.
I have two TRP Operators (rails) and neither slide if pre-cut for a bushing. That may not be the case with all out there, but anybody wanting it done should check before buying.

Of course the Custom Shop could make the conversion. It would require buying and fitting a new barrel and cutting slide for the bushing (assuming it was not already done), buying and fitting a bushing of your choice. This would add up the $$ quickly.

You should be able to special order a TRP with rail and bushing from SA. I have one coming in tomorrow in that configuration through 10-8 Performance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies.

It appears, as with most everything, it can be done but it will take some cash. :)

·
Registered
474 Posts
I have a bull barrel on my WC Elite and recently sent it in to get the rear sight fixed and while they had it, I told them to fit it with a regular match barrel. I pretty much just had to pay for the new kit and a little fitting, but they said it was no problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts