1911Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,434 Posts
Nice new website! I use four of these stands to display pistols at gun shows. Very handy and professional!

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Did you notice that the dark wood is harder then the light wood when you cut it? My wife and I have built a lot with Zebrawood and that is what I remember about it going down the band saw.

One of these days I need to do the same thing out of a big block of teak that is "curing" in the garage....

·
Banned
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Peter,

Yes, you are correct about the wood. With a really bad piece, even a planer will leave uneven "chatter" in the yellow bands. I find it's important to select a good piece of wood if possible. The bad pieces are hard to impossible to work with.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
I will agree with that. I had to sharpen the planner blades about every 50 board feet to keep it working well.

Do you work with other woods? I have this big plank of Teak I keep looking at and wondering what to do with. I bought it to make an M1A stock but found out that Teak is not a good wood for impacts.

·
Registered
469 Posts
There are nothing but 1911s as pistol models on your site (Not that there's anthing wrong with that :D ). Do you make the stands for other types of pistols?

·
Banned
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Peter,

I use pretty much any wood. Check out my website at www.gunwares.com

Also of interest, there's a guy that hangs over on the FALFiles forums that builds FAL furniture from exotic hardwoods. There's some pics of his stuff over there and it's real nice. He uses zebrawood, cocobolo, and other woods.

b540glenn,

I'll build a stand for any pistol or rifle. I just happen to be partial to 1911s. :cool:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Verrrry nice

When my Valtro comes, there's an accessory I've just got to have...

·
Registered
126 Posts
Pistol stand pricing sheet

On your pricing sheet for various woods you have
"popular" listed instead of poplar.
Editorial mistake I'm sure.
Beautiful stands for beautiful guns. Excellent work.

·
Banned
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: Pistol stand pricing sheet

dekooning said:
On your pricing sheet for various woods you have
"popular" listed instead of poplar.
Editorial mistake I'm sure.
Beautiful stands for beautiful guns. Excellent work.
Thanks for the catch. I do that a lot. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts