1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of getting a pair of their grips. Anyone have pics? I more interester in the yellowed ones. Also about how much do a set run? Thanks for the help.

·
Premium Member
7,725 Posts
Do you mean Real Ivory Grips or grips made by Tru Grips which are not real?

Clyde

·
Premium Member
7,725 Posts
Look at their website and you will get the info. you want.
But if it was me I would look at Sarge43 grips custom made, and great.
Camel Bone here is a pic of the next ones I am going to have made for myself:

Camel Bone and wood:

Clyde

·
Registered
382 Posts
I just received a set of Tru-Ivory grips for my Kimber Compact CDP Tuesday of this week. (Christmas present to myself.) I put them on Wednesday morning and found the relief for the ambi-safety to be just slightly too shallow making it difficult to use the safety. Five minutes and a file took care of it, though.

I got the slightly aged coloration and am happy with them. I have a set of real ivory grips I got earlier this year on my SA Mil-Spec. In comparison, the Tru-Ivory is slightly darker with a yellowish tint (which is what I wanted) and the graining is a little more pronounced that the real ones. I can't tell any difference in the "feel" of the real versus the Tru-ivory yet.

I took some pictures, but the flash is washing out the color and the graining. I'm going to try again when I've got some natural light to work with and see how that turns out.

I spent just under $100 including shipping and am happy with them. To me, they are worth the price so far.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Pictures

Took a lot longer to get these pictures posted than I thought, but it shows what the graining is like. These are "slightly aged" and cost $100 with shipping.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts