1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No he did not sign an executive order mandating masks nationwide.

Here in Wisconsin our commie governor issued an executive order mandating masks for anywhere a person is indoors except for their home. :barf:

I will be ignoring this order, it was not a legislative action and I am a free man that makes my own decisions. If you want to wear a mask have at it, but I will refuse. Liberty and pursuit of happiness. :rock:

The first commie that tries to jack me up for not wearing a mask will get this quick reply from me - "Trump just issued an executive order mandating masks nationwide". :biglaugh:

How many commies will immediately discard their mask in disgust???:eek: :biglaugh:

·
Premium Member
7,271 Posts
Well, that’s the truth of it. He made a public statement the other day about Hydroxy. He spit it right out and told the media “if I would have banned the use of this stuff, you would have blamed me for suppressing the cure”. As it turns out, he is the advocate and they are suppressing the cure. He should really begin using child psychology on these fools to get done what he needs to get done. There is no way the dipturds will ever agree with him.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, that’s the truth of it. He made a public statement the other day about Hydroxy. He spit it right out and told the media “if I would have banned the use of this stuff, you would have blamed me for suppressing the cure”. As it turns out, he is the advocate and they are suppressing the cure. He should really begin using child psychology on these fools to get done what he needs to get done. There is no way the dipturds will ever agree with him.
Right, the mask, prevention or cure has nothing to do with saving lives or stopping the covid. Nothing but how it all can be spun for political gain and further the destruction of our Republic.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I clicked on this click-bait title because I was on a off the record call with Administration last month. One of the prominent members of the White House coronavirus task force said there is no legal authority for a nation-wide mask mandate.

Folks can debate the merit of that argument better than I, but that is pretty dubious decision.

·
Premium Member
7,271 Posts
Administration?
As in....you have direct access to White House Staff?
At any rate, Colt was quick to point out in the first line of the post that, “No, he did not mandate the wearing of masks”.

·
Premium Member
1,415 Posts
I clicked on this click-bait title because I was on a off the record call with Administration last month. One of the prominent members of the White House coronavirus task force said there is no legal authority for a nation-wide mask mandate.

Folks can debate the merit of that argument better than I, but that is pretty dubious decision.
Dubious why? The 9th and 10th Amendments are all about the Fed govt not exceeding the powers granted to it by the States.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

You missed my point and reinforced it at the same time. A nationwide mask mandate is just as unconstitutional as the same state level mandates.

In my opinion the vast majority of people wearing a mask are doing so to show that they are faithful to the liberal cause. More of a political statement than an actual attempt to prevent the spread of covid.

I understand that there are people being cautious or have underlying health concerns, if you feel the need to wear a mask then do so.

But don't let a politician or a loudmouth liberal order or guilt you into wearing a mask.

The point of my post was to show how politically driven the whole mask wearing affair has become.

State Governor says wear mask = good. Choice bad. Follow orders.

IF Trump were to say wear mask = bad. Choice good. Defy orders.

Abortion = good. Choice good. But unlike covid a person dies for certain.

·
Premium Member
2,907 Posts
The Texas mask order came from the Governor to all businesses. Excepting for eating, drinking, exercising, delivering speeches and a few other exclusions the business is responsible and a provision for a fine is included in the order. No shirt, no shoes, no mask no service. Businesses are private property and therefore trespass laws apply and prevail in Texas. I’m not gonna battle the “do masks work“ question but the numbers seem to hint something is happening. Perhaps they could come up with a waiver form for anti-mask folks. Sign here, assume liability and agree to decline treatment if the signer catches the germ. Seems like a simple fix for those who prefer that option. I’ll be QRT.

·
Super Moderator
14,053 Posts
You missed my point and reinforced it at the same time. A nationwide mask mandate is just as unconstitutional as the same state level mandates.

In my opinion the vast majority of people wearing a mask are doing so to show that they are faithful to the liberal cause. More of a political statement than an actual attempt to prevent the spread of covid.

I understand that there are people being cautious or have underlying health concerns, if you feel the need to wear a mask then do so.

But don't let a politician or a loudmouth liberal order or guilt you into wearing a mask.

The point of my post was to show how politically driven the whole mask wearing affair has become.

State Governor says wear mask = good. Choice bad. Follow orders.

IF Trump were to say wear mask = bad. Choice good. Defy orders.

Abortion = good. Choice good. But unlike covid a person dies for certain.
From what I've seen, most that are wearing them and rabid about everyone else wearing them ("following the guidelines") are just plain uneducated and full of fear (as intended by the MSM and Marxists). They are genuinely afraid, because they equate not following the guidelines with catching COVID-19, which in their minds equates to dying. They live by emotion, not reason. That is my observation so far with folks I regularly overhear in conversation. That fact (fear, and compliance due to fear-manipulation) does not bode well for our future.

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
I do not go into the merits of any discussion concerning United States policy, which obviously does not concern me, I simply limit myself to saying that it is ascertained how the use of the surgical mask and, where possible, the maintenance of social distance help to prevent the spread of COVID19.

As it turns out, the majority of the infections occur through the droplets that we spread in the air while we speak, sneeze, cough, etc. therefore the use of the mask is not useful for filtering the air we breathe but to avoid the spread of our droplets towards the people we meet.

Then everyone is free to do what they want, obviously respecting the law.
IMHO

·
Registered
15,474 Posts
Show me where exactly in any State Constitution or the U.S. Consitution where the enumerated powers of the Govt. may dictate the "wearing" of anything or protecting the health of the citizenry. What if the State or the Fed. told all women they had to wear a burka (for their health)? Or told all men they had to wear a beard (for their health)? See where this is going? Sorry - not in MY backyard.

·
Registered
757 Posts
An EO is limited in scope and to statute.

I think an EO is supposed to just be used for internal government use; it cannot order everyone in the state or country to stand on their heads when waiting in line.

Therefore, in the OP's example, I think an EO mandating masks only applies to government workers on the job. Once they leave work, there would no longer be a mask requirement.

Would one of the lawyers here explain the limits of EO's?

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Show me where exactly in any State Constitution or the U.S. Consitution where the enumerated powers of the Govt. may dictate the "wearing" of anything or protecting the health of the citizenry. What if the State or the Fed. told all women they had to wear a burka (for their health)? Or told all men they had to wear a beard (for their health)? See where this is going? Sorry - not in MY backyard.
Exactly. the Constitution of The United States reigns supreme. Any order, law, suggestion or political manipulation that violates or tries to circumvent otherwise is null and void. :rock:

·
Registered
757 Posts
As it turns out, the majority of the infections occur through the droplets that we spread in the air while we speak, sneeze, cough, etc. therefore the use of the mask is not useful for filtering the air we breathe but to avoid the spread of our droplets towards the people we meet.
A cloth mask provides approximately 3% protection and allows particles through

A surgical mask provides approximately 44% protection and allows the remaining particles through.

There is also the issue of air leakage around the mask.

I think it comes down to the proper wearing AND CARE of an N95 mask (or better) is all that will limit the spread (when it comes to masks and not including other measures). I see very, very few N95's on the street, so a mask mandate seems silly to me.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Exactly. the Constitution of The United States reigns supreme. Any order, law, suggestion or political manipulation that violates or tries to circumvent otherwise is null and void. :rock:
The Federal Constitution is supreme ONLY in the scope of the powers delegated to it. It does not override any state constitution outside of those limits.

I find it interesting (well, corrupt as f*ck) that a USPS in a state that allows open and/or concealed carry, a person may not carry there. It seems like a mere Federal statute that violates the 2A is simultaneously making the state's power disappear.

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
A cloth mask provides approximately 3% protection and allows particles through

A surgical mask provides approximately 44% protection and allows the remaining particles through.

There is also the issue of air leakage around the mask.

I think it comes down to the proper wearing AND CARE of an N95 mask (or better) is all that will limit the spread (when it comes to masks and not including other measures). I see very, very few N95's on the street, so a mask mandate seems silly to me.
It may seem silly to you but the use of face masks, together with common sense and other non-pharmaceutical measures such as hand-washing and social distancing so far here in Italy worked.

·
Banned
1,341 Posts
Well, since my last visit here,
I see the majority remain ill
informed and will continue to
help spread the Covid 19 virus.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Simple solution.

If you want to wear a mask because you've been told to, or because you think it helps prevent you from getting Covid-19, then wear one.

If you don't want to wear a mask because you don't let anyone tell you what to do, or you don't feel it makes any difference in contracting Covid-19, then don't wear one.

When in public, quit arguing with anyone who doesn't believe as you do.

Simple now wasn't it.

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
Colt191145 said:
I will be ignoring this order . . .
For you, I have no problem with your statement.
If you have had CV-19 and have the anti-bodies, I have no problem with your statement.

Does it also allow those with weakened immune systems, that catch CV-19 from YOU, to
nail your hide to the barn door? :mad:

There are OTHER people that can easily be affected by your actions.
Your rights DO NOT supersede theirs.

·
Premium Member
1,415 Posts
There are OTHER people that can easily be affected by your actions.
Your rights DO NOT supersede theirs.
There is a lot of disagreement as to whether this is a valid pandemic or not. More and more it seems to be very catching, true; but also very benign, as seasonal flus go.

Those of us who feel this is true are going by our own judgement, based on many medical whistleblowers, more practically every day, who say this is all Bravo Sierra. The stats are lies, in several different ways. I'm not going to waste any time trying to prove what has been shown many times over, for those who honestly want to understand. Also there are very cheap, simple, available counteractions to this that make it even less dangerous. The media and Democrats and medical/pharmaceutical industry all have their agendas to squelch truth about this.

So if the plandemic deniers are right, then no one's rights are being superseded, no one's health is being jeopardized.

Being that this is (supposed to be) a free country, where the citizen has the most power and the further up the political levels you go, there is less and less power; then the rights of the deniers are every bit as valid as the people who believe what the media and authorities are saying. The deniers have every bit as much right to act on their beliefs as anyone else.

Now, we all know that our solar system is heliocentric, but four hundred years ago, Galileo had to recent this now-obvious truth or face death by the Inquisitors of the Catholic Church, which was the Establishment at the time.

A new 8-minute police cam video has come out about the George Floyd death, which greatly exculpates the cops. But look at all the carp that has been done in his name, or using him as an excuse. There are many, many items of accepted belief that later turn out to be false. Happens all the time in the news, especially when the Left wants to stir up racial division through their lapdog mainstream media.

With 20/20 hindsight, IMO this whole Kung Flu flustercuck will be one of them, and a lot of people are going to look very foolish.

----------------------

Here is the real problem with humanity. The great majority seem to be wired to want emotional comfort above all else. What often gets sacrificed is objective truth. People won't take a good look at themselves because it is uncomfortable or painful to do so, even to fix themselves. So they use superficial temporary fixes to ease their pain. We all know what they are. Nor will they look at how the world actually works, if it conflicts with their own comfortable picture.

The problem with this is that it is easy to manipulate such people. One of the greatest manipulative tools is fear. (Others are greed, fame, power--think Hollywood, DC, pro sports.) The authorities are using fear to train us to obey. Mask. Gloves. Face shield. Social distancing. Store closures--only the small businesses though--how odd...... Not Chinese-affiliated Walmart for example. Contact tracing. Social credit score. Cash is dirty, go cashless. And eventually, once the control grid is fully in place, you will take the vaccine because life will be made far too inconvenient if you do not. All this is being done in China right now, as the beta test for here. (It is also being launched now in select Leftist cities such as Austin.) America is the Grand Prize, the final obstacle to be removed.

Keep your silly guns. Oh BTW we will be enforcing our new 200% business tax on ammunition manufacturers.....

But all this is far too unpleasant to hear, so it can't be true. Let's just be fat useless eaters like in the movie Wall-E.
We're from the government, and we're here to help.
The medical profession is just like Marcus Welby, MD.
We live in Mayberry.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts