1911Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have been trying to order a Limited Match from Rock River Arms. Phoned for info and was told to order from the catalog. Asked for a catalog (about two weeks ago) and still don't have it. Sent an e-mail the other day with another request.

I know all about the lead time, but would really like to send these folks some money to get in line.

Has anyone else out there had any similar experiences with RRA? I understand that they make a quality 1911, but don't seem anxious to take orders.

Oh well, so much for instant gratification.

·
Registered
499 Posts
FB3
I ordered mine in July and I found the folks at RRA to be very nice people. I have up graded once and plan on further up grades before January. If you realy want one than I would look at there web site and get on the list, there is plenty of time to make the changes you want from the time you order and when it actualy gets started.
Keith
PS:
Any RRA owners we/I NEEEED to see some pictures to get me thru the winter, new or old

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Sounds like you have decided on buying a RRA. Good luck.

I have absolutely no experience with the company, but have had lots of experience with folks that act like they're doing you a favor by selling you a gun.

I say, call them up, and be polite. If they STILL give you the run around, politely ask for the manager or owner. Then, tell them this: "I was interested in buying one of your pistols, the (fill in the blank). I just wanted you to know that your company will not now be seeing one red cent of the $xxxx I am about to spend, purely because of POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE." Then, buy yourself any one of the other quality .45's on the market today. Just my 2 cents' worth here.

------------------
"Be not afraid of any man, no matter what his size;

When trouble rises, call on me and I will equalize."

·
Registered
428 Posts
HI FB3,

Call RR and ask to speak to Gay. She will hook you right up. I did my order right over the phone. I also received my pistol last week and it was 3 weeks early. It is a beautiful pistol and is deadly accurate. I sent it back today to have the lower hard chromed. It's only been gone for 1 hour and I miss it already. Use their website, it is the same as the catolog. The deposit will be $200 on any pistol that you order. You will also have about a 10-12 month wait at this time, but I assure you it is worth it. Pics of my pistol can be seen at my website: http://community.webshots.com/user/usncorpsman. Everything after the grips are pics of my RRA Basic Limited Match.

USNCORPSMAN

[This message has been edited by usncorpsman1 (edited 10-23-2001).]

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the feedback. I didn't mean to imply that the folks at RRA were not courteous, just that it has been a long time since I requested their catalog. I wanted some changes done to the gun that I am interested in and Gay said I should order from the catalog instead of over the phone.
Still waiting.

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
When I did it it created a document that listed all the features that I wanted, FFL info, and my contact info and then faxed it to Gay.

We discussed it on the phone and she faxed me a quote a few days later and I authorized it along with a check to my FFL. He forwarded the money and we had an order confirmed.

Skip the catalog and do what I did. Document all your changes in writing and there won't be any surprises. You'll be happy.

·
Registered
499 Posts
FB3
Did you get your RRA ordered yet or have you given up and gone someplace else?
Keith

·
Registered
428 Posts
JiminCA,
Did you ever get your two hard chromed RR's? I sent my basic limited match back to have the lower hard chromed. Chuck said I should have it back in a week or so. How do you like the chromed look?

USNCORPSMAN

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cowboy,

I am still considering ordering one. Waiting for catalog. Have looked at web site. I had some questions about getting the Limited Match with night sights instead of the adjustable, and seems as if things just stopped right there.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
FB3,
The catalogue won't give you much more info than their website. http://rockriverarms.com/

Call them, the number is in the site. Speak to Gay. It is a small family operation -Gay, Linda, Chuck and Mike -- I don't know of any others. They will gladly process your order and modify it as time goes by if you wish. I have a RRA Limited Match. You can read a range report on it in the Range Report forum... http://www.1911forum.com/ubb/Forum35/HTML/000030.html

You can also see pictures of my LM at this site. Enjoy!
http://www.hunting-pictures.com/members/Galileo/index.html

Another recent Range Report on a different model can also be read here: http://www.1911forum.com/ubb/Forum35/HTML/000184.html

Good luck,
Galileo
RRA owners unite - they've taken our forum

[This message has been edited by Galileo (edited 10-26-2001).]

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
USNCorpsman: I changed mine to blued at the last minute. My thinking was that if there was anything I wanted to change or "carve" on I wouldn't be wrecking the chrome job. In retrospect I think it was the right choice.

I just got them recently and they are beautiful. Will have to go back to resolve some minor issues (primarily point of aim probs) but the guns are really reliable, tight, and beautiful. They get my vote for the best deal out there. I'll post a range report at some time in the future but want to shake them out fully before doing so.

700 rds through the full size and 600 through the commander size with no bobbles other than a FTE/munched up brass on the last round when the guns were fairly (500 rounds or so) dirty.

Jim

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I called RRA again today and spoke to Gay. She was very sympathetic to my situation and promised to get another catalog and order form out in today's mail. She did remember talking to me about my question regarding changing the sights on the Limited Match. I can understand how things can get "lost" in the mail these days.

Anyway, they are real nice folks up there and am anxiously awaiting my catalog and order form. I am pretty sure that I will order one of their 1911's.

Thank you all for your input and encouragement on this situation.

[This message has been edited by FB3 (edited 10-26-2001).]

·
Registered
563 Posts
FB3,
I placed my order for a RRA,5" Elite Commando, on 1/1/01, over the phone and I have made many changes to the order, I have documented dates and changes. All times I made it a point to speak to Gay about the changes. their gunsmith,Chuck, even returned a phone call. I have had nothing but very good service from them.

P.S. I should be receiving my Elite Commando in the next 10 days, I cannot wait, after all it will have been over 11 months.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Received my catalog and order form from RRA with the info on the sight option - no charge to change to night sights if I decide to do that.

Made another phone call to Gay for some more information and sent my order and deposit in today's mail for a Limited Match. After reading all of the reviews on the RRA I am sure that this gun will complement my Browns and Wilsons nicely.

Anyway, even with their current backlog of orders, Gay was very helpful and answered all of my questions to my satisfaction. This is a real nice company to deal with. All I have to do now is wait for the gun.

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
FB3,

You've made a good choice. I received my BLM back in June and am delighted. The waiting is tough, but worth it!

Good shooting (or is the Good Waiting?)

CCV

1 - 15 of 15 Posts