1911Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
When I did it it created a document that listed all the features that I wanted, FFL info, and my contact info and then faxed it to Gay.

We discussed it on the phone and she faxed me a quote a few days later and I authorized it along with a check to my FFL. He forwarded the money and we had an order confirmed.

Skip the catalog and do what I did. Document all your changes in writing and there won't be any surprises. You'll be happy.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
USNCorpsman: I changed mine to blued at the last minute. My thinking was that if there was anything I wanted to change or "carve" on I wouldn't be wrecking the chrome job. In retrospect I think it was the right choice.

I just got them recently and they are beautiful. Will have to go back to resolve some minor issues (primarily point of aim probs) but the guns are really reliable, tight, and beautiful. They get my vote for the best deal out there. I'll post a range report at some time in the future but want to shake them out fully before doing so.

700 rds through the full size and 600 through the commander size with no bobbles other than a FTE/munched up brass on the last round when the guns were fairly (500 rounds or so) dirty.

Jim

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.