1911Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have been trying to order a Limited Match from Rock River Arms. Phoned for info and was told to order from the catalog. Asked for a catalog (about two weeks ago) and still don't have it. Sent an e-mail the other day with another request.

I know all about the lead time, but would really like to send these folks some money to get in line.

Has anyone else out there had any similar experiences with RRA? I understand that they make a quality 1911, but don't seem anxious to take orders.

Oh well, so much for instant gratification.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the feedback. I didn't mean to imply that the folks at RRA were not courteous, just that it has been a long time since I requested their catalog. I wanted some changes done to the gun that I am interested in and Gay said I should order from the catalog instead of over the phone.
Still waiting.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cowboy,

I am still considering ordering one. Waiting for catalog. Have looked at web site. I had some questions about getting the Limited Match with night sights instead of the adjustable, and seems as if things just stopped right there.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I called RRA again today and spoke to Gay. She was very sympathetic to my situation and promised to get another catalog and order form out in today's mail. She did remember talking to me about my question regarding changing the sights on the Limited Match. I can understand how things can get "lost" in the mail these days.

Anyway, they are real nice folks up there and am anxiously awaiting my catalog and order form. I am pretty sure that I will order one of their 1911's.

Thank you all for your input and encouragement on this situation.

[This message has been edited by FB3 (edited 10-26-2001).]

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Received my catalog and order form from RRA with the info on the sight option - no charge to change to night sights if I decide to do that.

Made another phone call to Gay for some more information and sent my order and deposit in today's mail for a Limited Match. After reading all of the reviews on the RRA I am sure that this gun will complement my Browns and Wilsons nicely.

Anyway, even with their current backlog of orders, Gay was very helpful and answered all of my questions to my satisfaction. This is a real nice company to deal with. All I have to do now is wait for the gun.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.