1911Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Being the altruistic fellow that I am, I labored today to give you fellows something to argue over.

Notice the finish isn't polished charcoal? Nor is it Baron. Nor matte charcoal.

Perhaps a closer look...

Business end:

Now, this is pure heaven right here...

Mmmmm mmmmm goood!

Look at the nice, large contact area on the frame rails -

That will remain nice and tight for a long, long time.

Each contact spot represents a different round in the mag. My 45s with the new ETM HD mags don't do this. Meaning WC needs to re-do the 10mm mags. Ahem.

The gun is stupid accurate. Like win top Bullseye meets accurate. The finish is absolutely amazing. This is the only 1911 I have that isn't seeing significant holster use. The checkering is flawless. The sights just right. This little one has a 40 S&W barrel that hasn't been used yet.

Is a TSG worth it over a CQB? Yes. Absolutely.

You get what you pay for, boys. Shoot your Wilsons. Shoot them often.

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
I run my Wilson in unlined kydex because it's a boss and it doesn't like protection. There's something to argue about. Discuss. :D

Serious question: I thought that the 10mm and .45 came with a radiused square-bottom firing pin stop, but that one looks very rounded. Is it a regular fps or is just the angle?

Gorgeous gun, btw.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
This photo is on wilson's FB page. Some douche had the audacity to say he wasn't impressed with the groupings! Obviously talking out his backside.

·
Registered
7,459 Posts
BLR,

What kind of guide rod is that?

And what # recoil spring is that?

How far does the brass fly with factory loads?

Trying to work thru some issues with my Delta and just looking for some info...I know yours is a longslide (or is it a 5"?), so I'm taking that into account also. Thanks, Tracy

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Dang that's one nice Wilson and that group with the factory Xtp's is stellar. I also noticed a shock buff on the guide rod, does it seem to help the 10mm.
Oh and your pics are stellar as well. Thanks for sharing,

·
Premium Member
3,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Super Moderator
14,954 Posts
blr, really crazy accurate shooting, and what a great (and gorgeous) pistol (as usual) you have to do it with.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts