1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
12,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Received my new rig from Tim "The Magnificent" Thurner of TT Gunleather. He's quite the craftsman, doesn't cut corners, addresses all details, and even responds to email inquiries late at night, on the weekend.

Flexibility was the primary goal with this rig, so I opted for the Reinforced Convertible Pancake. A nice rig needs to look good too, so I opted for black leather trimmed in black shark. Looking forward to breaking this in and experimenting with OWB/IWB versatility.

OWB setup

IWB setup

·
Registered
6,216 Posts
I have looked at this holster several times but never have bought it. You have me reconsidering, US1911. He makes some great stuff.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
VERY nice! But you guys know I've been recommending Tim's holsters for a long time now. I buy nothing else. Once you wear the rig a few days all day long, it will conform a bit to your body shape and be very comfortable, or I'll be very surprised! No contest about the "doesn't cut corners, attention to details, and always quickly answers emails" part. And I'll add that his design and the quality of his leather and it's construction is superb. He is a great guy to do business with!!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Nice looking rig! I've been toying with the idea of giving TT a shot. This may have just sold me on it. Now, which gun to buy new leather for...

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Very cool rig and very conformable. I'm curious, when I look at the picture of the rig set up for OWB carry, the shark reinforcement panel on the holster looks a bit different to me. Anyone else seeing this? I'm wondering the reason for the design, really; it looks great!

·
Registered
12,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm curious, when I look at the picture of the rig set up for OWB carry, the shark reinforcement panel on the holster looks a bit different to me. Anyone else seeing this? I'm wondering the reason for the design, really; it looks great!
I believe the area in which you're referring to, is the area that I have outlined in the pic. I've noticed that on many of TT's holsters, but I haven't the knowledge to know exactly why it's there. Maybe to stiffen that area, or just to add a bit of aesthetics? Perhaps some of our more experienced members will chime in.

The pic shows my shark trimmed holster on the left and the exact same non-trimmed holster on the right from Tim's website. Even my older TT IWB holster has a similar pattern in that area, just not as pronounced.

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Thanks guys. Good to know. The leather looks great!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I've got one of these holsters for my USP compact, never worn it OWB but as an IWB it is great. I didn't want to buy 2 holsters for a gun that doesn't get carried a lot so this seemed like a good idea. I was worried at first that it may not be good at either but for the few weeks I used it I was impressed. I have a lot of TT holsters and have been impressed with all of them.

·
Registered
12,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Saw that pic on their Facebook page. Beautiful rig.
I sent Tim the pics, he liked them well enough to request usage of them. I'm not on Facebook, but I did notice one of the pics on his website. I'm glad he posted it, because I hadn't seen a pic of the Reinforced OWB/IWB in his gallery.
I don't mind IWB for the pistol, but don't care to carry mags IWB.
Figured that my first complete custom rig should include a matching mag pouch, so I had to include one trimmed in shark. :) But the truth is, I love the TT OWB mag pouch without a sweat shield. It's comfortable, concealable and very easy to access.

I didn't want to buy 2 holsters for a gun that doesn't get carried a lot so this seemed like a good idea.
Ditto, my thoughts exactly. Since I live in FL, an airweight in my front pocket works best for me. But, I'm prepping for a winter rig, and the OWB/IWB made the most sense, especially from a company that I already have confidence in, along with proven comfort with their products.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
I just picked up a lightly used TT Gunleather Mike's Special and OWB dual mag pouch in black leather trimmed with elephant. It's very nice, is super comfortable, sits very close and tight to the body, and I believe Mr. Thurners work would easily exceed most people's expectations of a leather holster.

You have a great looking rig. Hope you enjoy it!

·
Registered
5,914 Posts
Very nice. TT Gunleather makes great holsters. I'm very pleased all of with mine.
I like the flexibility of this model. Thanks for posting the pics.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts