1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if any members here have one of these holsters and how they like it? It looks similar to a Crossbreed but it's more expensive. I really like Tucker holsters because you have the option to have the Kydex lined with leather on the inside.

Please chime in if you have one and let me know what you think of it. Thanks!!!

http://rlcompanyusa.stores.yahoo.net/anforpi.html

·
Registered
6 Posts
Love mine

It's the only IWB I've ever owned, so I can't compare it to anything else, but I love mine. Got the leather lined. Super comfortable, adjustable for depth and cant, beautiful retention and concealment.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
I was just about to ask the same question. Hope I'm I'm not hijacking your thread. I was wondering what make the Tuckers "The Answer" worth the extra money over the MTAC or Crossbreed. I know the leather lined option is a big plus especially to holster a nice 1911, but $140 seems high.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I have one for a Glock 19. I just sold the pistol, but kept the holster because the guy who bought it didn't have enough cash for me to include the holster. I like it. I have a MTAC, as well, and it seems very comparable.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the input fellas!

·
Registered
1,210 Posts

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Silent Thunder STX (OWB)

I just posted the following under the Dan Wesson site and thought it would be well served, posted here , as well.

I just received the Silent Thunder STX holster from Tucker Gunleather for my CBOB and I'm amazed at how close and tight this holster holds the 1911 into the body. Great concealment and very comfortable. The nice thing about the Silent Thunder line is the leather lining inside the kydex shell that is molded for your gun. The leather lining protects your pistol and provides for a smooth and quiet draw.

I have the Silent Thunder IWB for my M&P 9c and have been so pleased with it that I thought I would give the OWB STX for my CBOB a try.....great stuff and Rob at Tucker is terrific to work with.

Here is a link and when I have a chance, I'll post picks.

http://rlcompanyusa.stores.yahoo.net/sithstx.html

Here is a link to some pics I took of the Silent Thunder STX (OWB) with my Dan Wesson Commander Bobtail, see #5.

http://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=252405

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah, I've got two Silent Thunder OWB holsters and love them. That's why I don't mind giving Rob some more business.

·
Premium Member
3,294 Posts
$125 wow! What does this have over the MTAC, or in this $$ range Sparks?

·
Registered
214 Posts
Can anyone tell me if the leather really does anything differently? I'm on a bit of a budget, and I'm wondering if the leather lining is a luxury or a necessity?

·
Registered
36 Posts
just got my silent thunder iwb for colt compact 2 days ago. love it. adjustable for cant, very secure and quiet in presentation or reholster. yes--a bit more costly than others, but i am looking for more than just to save a few dollars.:biglaugh:

·
Registered
214 Posts
A bit of a misunderstanding - I meant how much is that leath lining inside the kydex a luxury vs a necessity? I can't decide between the Crossbreed, mtac, or Tucker

·
Registered
10 Posts
The leather lining probably falls into the "luxury" category. I purchased mine with the leather-lined option to achieve quieter draw and to baby my firearm. No noticeable weight difference and the lining is so thin that you only know it's there because you don't hear a "snick" on the draw.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have the leather lined Answer. I really like it, but............the issue I have, because I have to pull my holster so often is ease of on/off. The roughout leather on the back tends to bind on my undershirt a little. It makes it a little harder to get it on.

As far as the lining, the snick is one reason, but the reason that I bought mine that way is wear on the pistol. I just think, no real reason, that it will be better for it in the long run.

These take a break in period, but if you sweat in in a while, it will break in easily and really conform to your body better. Mine is actually more concealable now than when I first purchased it.

The only other issue I have ever had, and it may be my growing spare tire rather than the holster, is that on holstering, it will occassionally flip the safety off. A thumb on the safety keeping it up until in place prevents that issue, and it has never done it during normal wear.

This is probably more than you are looking for information wise, but just a few of the things I have found with mine.

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
A bit of a misunderstanding - I meant how much is that leath lining inside the kydex a luxury vs a necessity? I can't decide between the Crossbreed, mtac, or Tucker

It's one of those things, that once you have it...you wonder how did I ever live without it?

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I bought one and returned it the following day.

Too expensive, too heavy, too ugly.......:barf:

Come to think of it.... that sounds like my first wife.:biglaugh:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts