1911Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my new holster yesterday, so thought I'd give y'all an intro.

Today was my 'day off,' which to my wife means 'slavery reinstatement day.' Knowing it would be ugly, I still strapped on the Texas Heritage and put on my 5" Kimber Custom CDP II. So, I wore it to IHOP, wore it bush hogging for 3 1/2 hours, wore it cleaning up around the place and burning scrap wood. Then got a shower and got a steak with some friends (and wife), nobody ever knew I was carrying. Wife, nobody.

I've got 3 IWB holsters now. This is way out ahead of them all the most comfortable I've worn, and will now become my daily carry holster. Great company, great service. Only one day, but it's been a good one....

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yep. I've read good things about it, but the primary reason I got this one was that I've got two full frame 1911's and wanted a comfortable carry. This one is very simple in it's design, has a slide guard to protect me from the thumb safety, and was already partially formed to fit me. Just worked great from the first day, and doesn't give me that big "lump" some IWB's will leave you with. Very very comfortable!! Wear mine all day and usually interact with at least 40 people (plus coworkers) a day. So, no printing, pulls it in nice and tight. Did I mention comfort?

Look here: http://rlcompanyusa.stores.yahoo.net/teheiwb.html

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
No reinforced mouth? That's a requisite in my book. Hate fishing for the hole.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's not what you think! The leather is molded, so it has stayed open for me every time. I've had no problem with no-look reholstering, although I'm gonna have to practice to get better at it with this new rig. It hasn't collapsed in the least, though, so I really haven't seen the difference between this and my other (reinforced) holster. Perhaps with time it'll start to give, and they specifically tell you it's made for comfort, not reinforced. My thought is, if I'm going to the range, I might practice drawing speed and want to use an OWB, but most of the time I'll be drawing from my daily carry holster. The comfort level will keep me coming back to this holster, hands down!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts