1911Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got back from my fav gun store and he was out of the win/usa white box ball ammo. So I bought Feds Am. Eagle for my 45.

He said that Tue. he sold 15,000 rounds of ammo and anouther 5,000 on Wed. He said that he didn't have anouther box of 9mm at all till this week.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Originally posted by WDG:
I just got back from my fav gun store and he was out of the win/usa white box ball ammo. So I bought Feds Am. Eagle for my 45.
I just got back from the range tonight where I ran 150 rounds through my Beretta 8045.
100 rounds of Blazer 230gr FMJ and 50 rounds of American Eagle 230gr FMJ.
I must say the AE was much more accurate than was the Blazer. The AE shot pretty much point of aim at 7 and 10 yds when I did my part and held steady. But that Blazer was throwing flyers. 2 or 3 in every clip of 8. I asked the sales clerk at the range if they had had a run on ammo or guns since tuesday the 11th and he said nope.

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Interesting, I bought ammo on Tuesday. I was due to order next month, but Tuesday gave me reason to order early. I ordered from Ammoman and from Natchz. I fully figured my shipments to be delayed by the lack of air shipping that would force many items usually shipped by air to go by truck. I got my order from Natchez on Friday. My Ammoman order that usually is delivered the same day the following week (Tuesday-Tuesday) actually arrived on Monday, early! No problems there.

Ammoman sent out a letter, noting there had been a run on ammo, then noted what they were short, which was really only in a couple of brands for some calibers, and then a couple of calibers. He also noted he had shipments on the way and that for a lot of ammo, he still had plenty in stock. I don't remember the caliber, but he noted having 500,000 rounds still in stock right now.

From what I can tell and what people have said, runs on ammo look to have been more significant at the gun store/sports store level where they might only have a few cases of ammo for a given caliber. I was in Academy last week and noted they were low on some box rifle and pistol ammo (nothing new there), but still had bird and buckshot ammo stacked down the isles just like they do every year. Apparently, more of us homefronters are going to be fighting with .380 and 9 mm than buckshot. I snagged a case of buckshot.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Was funny I went to cheaper than dirts store on the 11th and did not get out of my truck. a mad house poeple comming out with 2 and 3 thousand rounds on carts. To say thay where picked over was a under statement.

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
I was there a week later and they had a lot of .223 russian ammo and a goodly amount of ammo on the shevles. The russian .223 was stacked on two pallets on the floor in different spots. The run on ammo seemed to be past, but they had several people buying guns and registering for CHL classes. Apparently, since the Y2What? fiasco, applications for CHLs have slowed, until now.

CTD also had a stack of Osame bin Laden targets for 99 cents each, right next to the register. Just about every customer I saw picked up a least a few of those. I got 6.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts