1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm wondering if this thing is considered a model 98, k98, or whatever. can i buy replacement stocks for it? thanks.

------------------
Nothing like the smell of Breakfree to make my day complete.

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
It is probably an 1898 model variant, and could have been made in one of a number of countries - the proof marks and other features would offer some clues there.

I would do a search on the web (dogpile.com) keywords; Mauser+Turkey or Mauser+Turkish. Try them the other way around too.

You'll probably have to spend some time sifting the URL's. If you stumble on a "Mauser" message forum you'll probably get your answer pretty quick. Unless someone can tell you off hand here.

Good luck!

·
Registered
147 Posts
BOLANTEJ I have several of these. Enough to make my wife say "OH MY GOD!" when she saw them in the pickup. They are a large ring action and any accessory for a 98 large ring should work- except the barrel. They are threaded to the small ring barrel! I like shooting them and even if they arent a prairie dog gun they will do the job.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks a lot. i love the gun just wanted to know if anyone had any insight. stay safe.

------------------
Nothing like the smell of Breakfree to make my day complete.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts