1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some of you know I have asked several questions about grips while waiting for my all blued KC to arrive. I have one more question concerning grips. I have read about what is called the "tweener" grips that are a compromise between standard thickness grips and thin grips. That thickness sounds interesting to me. Which grip makers offers the tweeners?

Thanks, :)

PastorDW

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sarge43 (www.thefinergrain.com) and VZ Grips (www.vzgrips.com) are the ones that are stuck in my (ocassionally reliable) memory. Probably custom order from both.
Hey AreB,

I checked with VZ today, but the young lady I spoke with said she didn't think they did anything but standard and slim grips. But, I sent John an email and asked him if he could shave the back surface of a pair of standards just a bit. I hope he can because I'm kind of leaning toward his Double Diamond Black Desert Sands or something similar. And I know Sarge has a great reputation also so I will check his site. Thanks to all of you guys for the suggestions. Any others will be appreciated. :)

Sincerely,

PastorDW

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
I have a pair of slim grips from Sarge. They seem to be in between my standard VZ's and my slim alumagrips. I still use slim bushings with them though.

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
Just to clear it up a little......
Tweeners are as thin as grips can be made but still use the STOCK bushings and screws. Some people prefer to keep stock bushings and just use the slim screws which allows the grips to be another 1/32" thinner yet. Past that, slim bushings and screws are needed.
Sorry to interrupt, just wanted to offer the information.
Merry Christmas to all!
Sarge

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Gotcha, so I guess the highly figured walnut grips I got from you are definitely slim grips then and not tweeners. BTW they are beyond words and I absolutely love them, for some reason I haven't been able to download pics. Guess i'll have to try again. Thanks for the info!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts