1911Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I just put a deposit down on a Colt 1991 Gov't blued, also have a Kimber full size in stainless. But it seems odd to have two 1911's but no holster. I have a thing for handrafted things made in the U.S. But I don't really have a need for a holster. I live in Daly City, San Francisco basically, so carrying is not likely. Will likely try out IDPA and IPSC this year. I'd like a really nice mahogany, deep reddish brown holster. But given my needs or lack of a need for a holster. What are some suggestions from you guys. Should I buy the best even though I'm not going to use it that much? Material choice leather, horsehide, etc.? IWB OWB? Cant, no cant?

·
Registered
27,694 Posts
You might try a search for IDPA holster.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I just today recieved a new holster. It's a no frills, low buck, holster of moderate concealability and I LOVE it. Don Hume, JIT Slide. No cant, belt slide, nice mahogany, available from Gunner's Alley for $22! It holds well and fits even better.

Just a suggestion.....:)

-B

·
Registered
445 Posts
ChickenFried said:
I have a thing for handrafted things made in the U.S. I'd like a really nice mahogany, deep reddish brown holster.
For mahogany color and beautiful American craftsmanship, how can you beat this rig from Tucker gun leather?

http://www.tuckergunleather.com/

I don't own one yet, but I sure want one bad. I have 2 Kimber 1911's. One is a 3" and one is a 5". I have Milt Sparks Versa Max II, holsters for both. I am very happy with them.

Check out the the attached pic of the Tucker rig. It's a thing of beauty.:)

Attachments

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
But if got the Castor Troy, I'd be headed down a slippery slope towards chrome 1911's with gold triggers and pearl grips.

Tucker and Rafters do make nice looking holsters. But a little more than I'm willing to spend. Considering I don't even know how much I'll actually use a holster. Not saying I won't end up with one on an impulse buy cause my heart doesn't always listen to my mind. That's how I ended up with another 1911.

Thanks for the gunner's alley link. some good choices there too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts