1911Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have registered, but have two computers; one at home and one at office, that i use.
i registered on the one at home; when i use the my office computer, it recognizes me only as a guest. is there any way in can get the same registration info onto the office computer so that it recognizes me as me, rather than a guest? thanks, mcole

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
mcole,
On your work computer, try clicking on 'preferences' in the upper right hand corner of the screen in the forum. Make sure 'YES' is selected to store your username and submit that page. Give that a try and let me know.

Thanks,
Jason

·
Registered
9,203 Posts
Jason, I only have one computer that I access the site from. I've been using it since I joined, the site knows I am a moderator but it also says I am a guest. I have deleted cookies until I am blue in the face, I made sure that cookies are enabled. If I do all that and stay in the forum it will list me as a member but if I leave the site and come back, I back to being a guest.

The site tells me when I was here last nomatter how I do it.

------------------
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum
Molon Labe

·
Registered
431 Posts
I had the same problem, but I was too ambarrassed to ask, I figured ArmySon could fix it left handed, with his eyes closed, and behind his back, and he's half my age.

If you go to profile and sign in, then submit your ID, then go to preferences and submit your preferences, it should work. It did for me anyway.

·
Registered
3,078 Posts
Originally posted by TrophyShop:
If you go to profile and sign in, then submit your ID, then go to preferences and submit your preferences, it should work. It did for me anyway.
BINGO!

If that doesn't work, then you do not have your browswer properly configured.

·
Registered
9,203 Posts
I have not reconfigured my browser since I've been on the board. Prior to my becoming a moderator, all my preferences worked fine, I was shown as a member, etc. The framfrizzle razzbangle problems started after becoming a moderator.

What do I have to do to reconfigure my browser to allow for all this stuff to work correctly? Why is it only this board that does this to me? I've been good to the board, I post the URL in most all my e-mails, I tout the place everywhere.

------------------
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum
Molon Labe

[This message has been edited by Jim V (edited 03-16-2001).]

·
Registered
855 Posts
Jim,

What I like to do when my computer starts pissing me off is delete my Windows and Internet Explorer directory, as well as any other application that is hosed, and reinstall everything. Of course, I work 12 hour night shifts and on my days off frequently suffer from insomnia, but it passes the time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts