1911Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just one question and that's all.is two gunning anyway combat effective or just looks good in the movies?also no criticizing,just stick to the topic!

·
Premium Member
6,416 Posts
Do you mean carrying 2 guns or shooting 2 at once. I think you mean shooting . At an IDPA match we tried a side match with each shooter firing two pistols at two targets at the same time from about 15 feet. The results were generally poor. Most shooters had several misses. If you are taling about carrying 2 guns I am all for it.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
I have seen some good shooting done with two guns, but they were fired alternately, not actually at the same time. Maybe it can be done, but I don't think the mind can focus on two guns and fire both accurately at the same time.

Jim

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Anyone interested in shooting two guns simultaneously would almost certainly be better served by putting the time and expense into improving their skills shooting "just" one gun. The level of practical effectiveness that they will achieve will likely far exceed anything that they could do with two guns at once.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i meant shootin two guns.by the way,thank you guys for the fast replys that were completely on the subject,and not turning into politics.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
B-boo Duffy:

Oh, by the way, some anti-gun types want to ban the shooting of two guns at the same time.:biglaugh:

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
The Cowboy Action Shooters have a catagory in their match's called Duelist where they alternate shooting 2 revolvers at the same time.

·
Registered
906 Posts
2 guns at the same time maybe good at 5 yards away if you are backed into a corner with no cover and being attacked by one or two BG with knives. Set up 2 or more targets at the range and
give it a try 12 yards away. I think you will find yourself out of
ammo and not to many good hits in a short time, it is easy to get
carred away. Unless you are Bruce Willis in the movie " Last Man
Standing". Train with one at a time and carry the other for back up.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Here's a clear case of watching too much TV and not enough time at the range studying the basics.

Stick to one gun. Make every shot count. use gun number two when number one empties.

·
Administrator
73,813 Posts
Using two pistols at once, along with HoMeBoY-style gun handling (and leaping sideways through the air with both guns blazing) is pure Hollywood. No serious student of defensive handgunning ever practices it. The name of the game in defense is to get your bullets into the target quickly and accurately, and also to avoid having to throw extra lead in the air that might kill an innocent bystander.

B-boo, questions are always welcome here but the level of maturity you diplayed was appalling. Specifically, your liberal use of extreme profanity in another post is what got you kicked off the forum.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.