1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,055 Posts
What to do? What to do? :(

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
The article says the officers were ambushed. That report was from late yesterday evening. Not sure if it is accurate or an early guess.

The brother of the shooter and the 16 year old daughter of the shooter dragged an officer out of harms way and started assisting him and called 911.

At least the good guys got the guy.

What is going on in WA?

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
I hate to say it, but it sounds like they let him walk out of sight to get clothes.

Never do that! On domestics especially, never let them retreat out of your sight until you are leaving.

I know it gets easy to get complacent on calls where everything has been going smooth, but you never know. Of course calls can get crazy and you can't always cover everyone and there's not always units available to come and help.

I wish they had killed that bastard.****I missed that that did kill him. Good, at least the courts can't let him out again.

Prayers sent for the Officers.

·
Premium Member
8,055 Posts
1 officer injured. Will be ok.
1 officer in critical condition. Pray for him.
Shooter. Gone. Pray for his Family
:(

·
Super Moderator
EDC: SIG P938.
22,340 Posts
When I read the original report, saying the officers appeared to have been ambushed after responding to a domestic dispute call, I was thinking, "Wow, these people are really brazen, faking a disturbance so they can ambush the cops when they arrive." Well, that was not the circumstances at all. The shooter was the guy who the cops would be dealing with as a result of the call. That is, if I call the cops, complain about my neighbor's dogs barking, then shoot when the cops arrive, that's an ambush. If the neighbor with the barking dogs shoots, it's not. There have been two ambush shootings of cops in the Puget Sound area recently, but this does not appear to be a third. As terrible as this event is, I don't want it added to a "pattern" of ambushes that will certainly result in hysterical calls for more gun control.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
When I read the original report, saying the officers appeared to have been ambushed after responding to a domestic dispute call, I was thinking, "Wow, these people are really brazen, faking a disturbance so they can ambush the cops when they arrive." Well, that was not the circumstances at all. The shooter was the guy who the cops would be dealing with as a result of the call. That is, if I call the cops, complain about my neighbor's dogs barking, then shoot when the cops arrive, that's an ambush. If the neighbor with the barking dogs shoots, it's not. There have been two ambush shootings of cops in the Puget Sound area recently, but this does not appear to be a third. As terrible as this event is, I don't want it added to a "pattern" of ambushes that will certainly result in hysterical calls for more gun control.
A few years ago, two sheriff's deputies and a state trooper were ambushed in Texas. Bad guy was arrested the night before for domestic violence. Bailed out in the morning, went home (in violation of an emergency protective order) and got his guns. Went outside, crossed the street, settled down on a hill and used his cell phone to call in another domestic - then waited.

The first deputy arrives and is shot through the back window as he puts his car in park. A few minutes later, when the deputy doesn't answer the radio, another deputy arrives. He is shot while getting out of his car. A trooper arrives seconds later and is shot while telling dispatch the deputies are down.

Story ends after a long standoff and a helicopter with FLIR finds the bad guy. A brief firefight then quiet. He's found with an AR-15, 300 rounds of ammo, a shotgun and 3 pistols.

·
Administrator
74,047 Posts
Apparently perps are fast losing the fear of opening up on police. Not good no matter how you slice it.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
We're not allowed to "deal" with them on the streets, the courts/prisons won't deal them.... What is there for them to be afraid of?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Old school

How many times over the years have we heard the same thing? Bad guy goes into house to retrieve something(this case, bedroom) and comes back out with a gun. Hind sight is 20/20, but this one has been taught many times. Either tell BG, "No, you don't need to go get your......." or go with him. Nonetheless, it is getting more dangerous for the Officers and Deputies out there. Training, Training, and more Training. Training alone won't always save a life,however, it's better than no training at all.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts