1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2 new Colts in 2 weeks!

A new S70 I just got earlier today and a Talo exclusive 1911A1 Armed Forces almost two weeks ago. I've already put a couple hundred rounds through the Talo with no issues and is downright amazingly accurate. The Talo is going back to the factory for a Model O Pkg. (and extras) as soon as I round up the money. The S70 is getting a dovetailed front sight and either a 10-8 NM rear http://www.10-8performance.com/id38.html or a Yost retro rear and a carry bevel, I want it looking stock for the most part. These will be working guns and not safe queens so they will be getting ugly with use but then I like that look. :)
Sorry 'bout the crap cell phone pics, I'll get my brother to take some better pics in some natural light tomorrow. The finish on them is spectacular.

·
Premium Member
7,725 Posts
Very Good Find, Luck Stiff. glad to see your fine looking Colts.........

Clyde

·
Premium Member
8,055 Posts
Thats some good stuff right there. :rock:

·
Premium Member
811 Posts
Congrats on two nice lookin' Colts. Addictive aren't they?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here's the one I got....
http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/141/products_id/411538119
And I will be posting pics as soon as it gets back. I'm really excited about getting it done. I like fullsizes and no S80 parts. All I need now is a WWI and I'll have all the current S70 style 1911s Colt currently offers.
As far as the Talo gun goes, it's a mutt in my opinion but I wanted it for the above reasons plus the rollmarks. Will be mighty handsome when I get done with it. :)

·
Registered
689 Posts
Here's the one I got....

And I will be posting pics as soon as it gets back. I'm really excited about getting it done. I like fullsizes and no S80 parts. All I need now is a WWI and I'll have all the current S70 style 1911s Colt currently offers.
As far as the Talo gun goes, it's a mutt in my opinion but I wanted it for the above reasons plus the rollmarks. Will be mighty handsome when I get done with it. :)
I saw this one when I was in Budsgunshop friday. It is very, very sweet. If in fact that is the exact one you got.....It's got my paw prints on it. :biglaugh:

·
Administrator
73,988 Posts
Interesting, from your pics the Series 70 seems to have a higher degree of polish on the flats than the TALO.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
dsk, they are virtually identical. The light fixture above the table seems to have been more reflected in the S70's slide than the TALO's slide. I love the finish on these. Beautiful!

I've noticed these parts on the TALO since getting it, a mix between the S70 and WWI.
S70 parts: barrel, thumb safety, trigger, frame, and grips.
WWI parts: sights, hammer, grip safety, and slide release.
The slide is most likely a WWII. There are no markings other than on the left side, including nothing on the underside. I'd say the same goes for the mainspring housing, there are 7 ribs on it.

·
Administrator
73,988 Posts
Yes, the TALO is definitely a mutt. I just wish they'd take it a step further and create an authentic pre-war commercial or blued military look-alike. This quasi-Series 70/WW1/WW2 really annoys me, as nice as it looks otherwise.

·
Premium Member
3,863 Posts
How's the overall fitting of slide/frame, barrel, barrel bushing, etc on your Talo? It looks very nice.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The parts don't mean crap to me on it, as I planned on modding it anyway. Fit/finish is to G.I. spec and it shoots amazingly accurate. Hoping the S70's accuracy is the same.

·
Premium Member
3,863 Posts
My TRS is lonely... maybe I'll get one of these. Seems like a great base pistol to send off to Ted Yost.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Fresh back from the range, still dirty from playing. Shot great, no malfunctions, and just as accurate as the TALO.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts