1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well folke the Coltaholism has gotten me again,
I just picked up this Officers from 1997 that was carried alot, But so rarely shot the ramp had no marks on it, I already ordered the Clark reverse plug, and gave it a good cleaning and oiling, Installed a set of Pierce rubber double diamond grips, and high polished the slide just to see how hard it would be, I will be polishing the ramp too, I would like this to take on the ccw duties, I bought it just for this reason,,

And then yesterday I ran into this Colt 1903, It is in 100% mechanical condition, I havent shot it yet, but it seems very sound, I know that someone went and refinished it with this "phosfate/parkerisation" whatever it is, I am not worried, I bought it to see how much I like the 1903, It was $300. out the door, Mabey I overpaid, I think 200 would have been better, The last date on the slidde is dec.22 1903, Looking in a book, it is an earier stage 3, ser 145xxx,,,, I am happy with my new Colts!!!!!!

The Question is,,,,,
What is a good Christmas gun?
Merry christmas to you all!
Hope that you were all good this year!
Peter.:dope:

·
Registered
7,459 Posts
OK, you got history and CCW out of the way,

A good christmas gun would be a

Colt Special Combat. :)

Merry Christmas-- Tracy

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Tracy! I got ccw out of the way a couple of times already! LOL!
But the addiction has gotten me as it does so many especially here!
And the history part,,,, There is another 1903 I am interested in that is quite a distance away, I wont look at it till after xmas, If it is still there I may bring it home,
It is as new with hang tags and box, with holster and extra mag, and about 500,,,,,,,, May never get it, it may be gone by then, But this shop is so far out in the country, They may have others there that I may need to bring home first, It is one of those shops where folks bring in their old guns so they can buy heating oil,,, A sad thing for some, and a glad thing for others.
Merry xmas, I will look to see what the Special combat is all about!
Peter.

·
Premium Member
7,704 Posts
if the 1903 is in good mechanical shape then $300.00 is a pretty fair price. They are very well made pistols and I love to shoot them.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Johnny,,, I looked on GB and see quite a few in the 400 range, Their finish is awful, I figured that the new finish on this one turned it into a paperweight,, I am glad to hear I didn't overpay too much!
I will get it to the range next weekend and see how well it does,,
I have had really good luck with berettas from the 30-40s, always worked without a single hitch,, No FTFs-- ever, Seems like the old ones are good!
I think I need a pocket .25 now to keep the beretta 418 company!
Peter,

1 - 7 of 7 Posts