1911Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out to my normal “go to range” Monday afternoon and shot my CQB Commander on two IDPA targets @ 10 yards running various drills from the holster. Not terribly hot but the humidity was almost dripping. Didn’t get as much shooting done as I had planned as three local LEO’s arrived about the same time as I and they wanted to work on qualification practice at close range. They did not have target stands and so they had to go up close to the backers. Scrounged brass and sweated while they were shooting. I was able to get 200 rounds fired before I needed to leave to head to the second range.

Stopped and picked up a root beer float to have on my way there.

The second range was having an outlaw IDPA match. Even though most of my shooting has been .45 for the last couple years, being a cheapskate, this match was why I took the 9mm as I knew I probably would not get my brass back. As always, I was the only one shooting a 1911. Five stages were set up and we had enough people show up for two relays. Finished and got cleaned up just as the sun was getting ready to set. Very fun time but I think there will only be one more match this year.

The CQB Commander hit 12,000 rounds. Didn’t think to take any photos while we were shooting the match and did not really have time helping with score sheets and pasting targets. Glad I took the 9 as I did not pick up a single case after we were done.

There are no sanctioned matches near me but would highly recommend shooting local outlaw matches. A lot of fun.

·
Super Moderator
15,519 Posts
Sounds like a great day. Congrats on the Commander hitting 12k rounds.

·
Premium Member
5,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Root beer float sounds great! Congratulations on hitting 12,000 round count
The Root Beer Float was really good!

Since I was going to need a little more than just a wipe down clean of the Commander, I decided to run back out to the range this morning. Shot another 200 rounds on three IDPA targets @ 10 yards running various drills. As we all like photos, I’ll throw one in from this morning. I’ve found myself squinting my left eye while shooting and so concentrated on keeping both eyes wide open. Actually helped my accuracy a bit.

Plant Tree Land lot Wood Grass

·
Super Moderator
15,519 Posts
Nice job!

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
I often shoot at 2 ranges in one day. I will start on my rimfire/hand gun range to warm up then walk back in the house and grab a rifle and head out back to either the 50 or 100yd rifle range. You are lucky. I have no where to stop for a root beer float as it is only 100 feet from the door to the range.

·
Premium Member
5,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would gladly pay you a Root Beer float on Tuesday for your ranges!

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
I would gladly pay you a Root Beer float on Tuesday for your ranges!
You bring a root beer float and you are more than welcome to shoot here. I'm in sw OH so not too far LOL. Just make sure the ice cream does not melt before you get here.

·
Premium Member
5,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ran back out to the range today with my middle daughter. She would be the one that loves to eat up my .22 ammo and today she shot my Nelson Conversion. Did very well and even shot some one hand bullseye.
I took out my 5” CQB in .45 and since we were just shooting paper targets at 10 yards, I decided to run quite a few 10-10-10 drills, also called The Test. Being a .45 I ran 8 shots in 8 seconds at 10 yards. I’ve had the B-8 targets for some time but think this is the first time I’ve run the 10-10-10 drill.very much enjoyed it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts