1911Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
First glance you would think box says blue finish, so someone did a frame swap, but looking at the frame's serial number it matches the box.

Odd, since the frame does not look to be coated and has the current semi polished sides that colt produces.

The other odd part is the roll marks on the slide were polished flat and then it was blued which is not typical.

At a loss on this one besides it being just another oddball that came out of colt for a demo/show, or just a hiccup in the assembly line.

·
Registered
266 Posts
LOL I came here to see if there was any information on this. At first I thought they had a Combat Elite mislabeled but then noticed no front serrations. Then went to frame swap but the box matches. I have been looking for a nice present for my wife for her birthday which led me to looking at CCG's on buds then to GB to compare. I scored a Colt Elite 10 the other day but this might be more interesting and possibly worth a letter if not many of them pop up. Looking at the seller they have a few odd colts.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Speaking with the seller he said that it came from Lipseys. Something about they were made to be a Cabelas exclusive but fell through. Will have to see how many pop up. Either way its a Win since I was looking for the all blued one. You would still think it would have a slightly different part number. But then again look at the O1991Z series. Who knows how many different versions of 1991's are under that part number.

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
Nice gun. Possibly part of a run for Talo, or Lew Horton that was not completely bought by them. So now available through Colt.

tipoc

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
I like it. Its very close to what i had Colt custom shop do to my stainless gunsite pistol.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Great gun for a great price however CCG stands for Colt Custom Government not Custom Carry Government . I know that because the gun was in the Colt 2013 catalog and that's what they called it .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts