1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got this today, and i like, very much.
Fit and finish: oh the fit is exemplary. it almost feels when i rack the slide as if it is on berings. im not sure if it was tighter than my baer, but it feels better. Terry told me something to that extent, now i understood what he meant(no i didnt buy it from Terry but he did talk to me and was very helpful.[Terry didnt seem to be interested, and he explained why and i understand,in a trade in.]).
it just looks like it was put together better, in an overall sense. it also has slim grips(pretty) and a short trigger.
so its perfect for a 5'3" guy like me.
so of course the ergonomics are outstanding.
okay the stainless steel frame is really nice. good lookin. my only problem is the slide finish. yuck! that armor-tuff stuff is ugly! blue my damn slide! that keeps the weapon looking great, as opposed to outstanding.
okay...how bout checkering. its excellent. looks great, works great. thumb safety has very positive action but hopefully it will get just a tad bit less stiff(but is not an issue). also ergonomic.
beavertail is nice. very sensitive(you move it a little it lets you pull the trigger).
keep in mind i havent field striped this weapon yet as it says not to(manual) until youve shot about 300 rounds through it. guess it better seats the parts. so i havent got the chance to look at everything in detail yet.
but i think this will be sufficient.
the bushing and barrel were snug.
the weapon overall is equally snug as it should be.
the trigger pull is excellent. better than my baer, with just a little bit of take up.
shooting: well i only put 50 rounds down range because i thought i would have to lube it(feels like it still) but the manual says to keep it as (or at least to not break it down).so i am going to have to shoot it more. oh boo-hoo! how did it shoot. way better then me, but it also made me shoot very good. i just did a chest and tricept workout yesterday and my fatigued tricepts made me shake somewhat. but even still, brand new and me in less than fair condition,
the weapon is still very acurate. the sights are fast and almost dead on. it shoots a little high, but i dont think i was aligning the sights properly. its much more precise.
did i say i liked the novak like sights?
i havent shot in around 5-6 months, with the weapon broken in and me re-broken in, i think we are going to make beautiful music together.
oh it has the standard guide rod and plug in although it came with a flgr. i cant wait to shoot this thing again. it will be a delight.
i would at this point reccomend a wilson product to anyone. but time will tell if it continues to be so.
p.s. thanks for the recomendation Son. i probably would have bought a TRS, but im glad i picked up this one.
k.s.

[This message has been edited by KShaft (edited 03-03-2001).]

·
Registered
291 Posts
Congratulations. Nice Wilson you got there. I bought a two-tone Classic late last year, and am very happy with it. I too do not care for the Armortuff finish. It is beginning to wear at the corners and at the ejection port, and believe me this gun is babied. Makes the shooter look good though
I shoot a lot of steel targets at 25-50 yards at my local range and the noise sure gets a lot of attention. CLANG! CLANG!

If you have the Armor Tuff stripped and the gun blued please let me know how it turns out. I love my Wilson, but look longingly at the deeply blued & olished slides on Ed Brown's guns.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks. i thought id get more people to congrats me! that blueing will probably come when the armor-tuff wears off. im looking for regular size grips. maybe carbon creations black (smooth) or wilson presentation grade(cocobolo that resembles rosewood).
k.s.

·
Registered
220 Posts
K-Shaft, why did it come with the slim grips and both short/long guide rod? Did you order it from Wilson's that way?

·
Registered
802 Posts
Originally posted by KShaft:
thanks. i thought id get more people to congrats me! that blueing will probably come when the armor-tuff wears off.
Everybody's jealous! That's why...

Congrats - sounds like a real nice one.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well, i was going to get an all black cqb(otherwise stock). the guy said he had a two tone available, which comes with the good hammer and sear and, this one came with slim grips and a short trigger. the owner of the shop i bought it from ordered it that way for himself. i guess his wife took a bit of a fit so when i called about the cqb they said they had this one for sale. sounded good to me. im still not sure why the guide rod and plug came with it but, im not complaining. its a great weapon. (its my fbi gun!). cant wait to get some full sized grips, i just dont like the feel of the slim grips. hell wilson might let me trade them in. i can easily reach that trigger. almost too easy. i feel there is too much presure being put on the frontstrap as i grip(not as well distrubited as should be).
it was available so i tried it. and its wonderful. i think i will always ask for short triggers on all my weapons now.
later,
k.s.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Glad you guys like your guns. Funny that I hardly ever come to this board and you both got them from me. Thanks for the business! Actually, I ordered the 2-tone for me (I'm also 5'3") with the short trigger and thin grips to match my Classic. The gun arrived late in the day, and I didn't have time to play with it. As a dealer, everything is for sale, so I decided to wait until Friday afternoon to take it home. I believe KShaft called on a Thursday PM, John told him about it, and he wanted it. What the hell; I can always get another (which I've already ordered). Hope you like them as much as I like my CLassic.

------------------
Greg Rodriguez
Mombasa Trading COmpany
281-494-4151

1 - 7 of 7 Posts