1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mine did not come with night sights so I'm looking at putting a set on. Looking at the Kimber website they offer a couple of different styles. Was wondering what you thought about them if you have them. They are Tactical Wedge night sight, and Kimber night sight set, forward slant, Meprolight Tritium. Is there any real difference? If you installed something else on your gun I'd be interested to know too.

Thanks AGAIN

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Just call Kimber and make sure the sights you want will fit in the slots you already have on your gun. I replaced the sights on my ultra with Meprolight night sights (That's what Kimber uses and they are available on their website). They are nice sights during day or night. I don't see any advantage of the tactical wedge over the standard Kimber sight. They just look a little different.

·
Premium Member
15,298 Posts
The wedge has small serations that don't have any real function, so it's really what you like. I have the Wedge on my bobtailed HD only because they replaced them for free and that's what they used. At the time, it's what I would have chosen too.

It's easiest to just send the slide to Kimber and let them install. Unless you have a HD press, you'll be drifting/dinging and tearing them up most likely. Some have been able to do it themselves, but most aren't that lucky; they're tight.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Chuck, Would you tells everything you know about your XS sights?

I've had an interest in these for quite some time and have thought about buying a set for various pistols over the years. I'm going to be picking up my U.C. ll today (plain sights) and think these would be ideal for this pistol.

Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts