1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help me out fellas. I just took my new Ultra Compact out to the range to bench it and run about 150 rounds through it.

Not sure what the break in is, or if it is just a magazine glitch, but this thing jammed on me almost every magazine. It would leave the casing almost all the way in the barrel, so I would have to drop the mag and wiggle the casing out. Is this common?

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
I would suggest trying different ammo/magazine combinations to try and figure out which one it liked. I would suggest a Wilson mag.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I'm definitely no expert, but with the fte as you described can you rule out extractor problems?

I had reliability problems with my UC hicap as well. Tried a lighter recoil spring and +10% mag springs that made things better but didn't solve the problem. That gun's long gone now. I hope you have better luck with yours.

Mac

·
Registered
69 Posts
I posted here awhile back about jamming issues identical to what you described.

I junked the stock mags and went with McCormick 7shot Shooting Stars. It fixed all the problems I had.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Robert, you had issues with fte and magazines fized it? I hope that's my problem, I may just bring it into a local gunsmith and have him take a look at what might be the problem. Thanks for the advice fellas

·
Registered
69 Posts
My actual problem was this.

With the slide open, and a full magazine inserted, 9 out of 10 times the pistol would NOT strip the top round properly, and would wedge the round into the feed ramp and not allow it to enter the chamber. I would have to drop the mag, and force the round out. that got old.

also the last two rounds in each magazine would fail to load on a regular basis.

I didn't have any problems ejecting spent cartridges, or stove pipes. I have only stove piped while shooting junk ammo.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts