1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seem's everyone want's to post pic's of Great 1911's, I thought it would be interesting to post only Ugly 1911's . So how about it, I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but guy's some the pic's lately look like museum quality 45's. I have a old Llama 45, that is way Ugly and will post tomorrow, when I can get the picture better.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Total beater norinco. Dropped it and chipped the sight, so I had that funky thing sitting around.... Wanted to see how hard it was to make my own extended mag release, so drilled and tapped this one first. Found a drop in beaver tail sitting on a table at a gun show for $2 so on it goes. On the plus side it has all kings internals and has a 3# trigger pull and a Kart barrel :D

·
Administrator
73,822 Posts
there is no such thing. i suppose you could ruin one by blinging it up, but an old worn, beaten 1911 that continues to function is a thing of beauty.
I dunno. I've some pretty nasty "custom jobs" for sale on Gunbroker and Guns America. The things some people will actually pay money to have done on their poor unsuspecting 1911's is unbelieveable.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Here is a photo of my "ugly" Colt Government:

The gun was hard chromed and scratched up by the previous owner. This is my first 1911 .45. The gun has been absolutely reliable with all kinds of ammo and right magazines. This is the gun that got me very interested in 1911's. I've been shooting for 11 years and never really cared for 1911's. I thought they were an outdated design but after buying this .45 and shooting it , I became a big fan of 1911s.

·
Registered
445 Posts
theres nothing ugly about that gun.

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
The ugliest 1911 I've ever seen was a WWII era Colt someone did a bubba job on with a SS beavertail, SS extended safety, SS slide stop and of course the 3-hole trigger all topped off with MOP grips. :barf:

·
Registered
442 Posts
I don't own this by any means, . . . but for ugly, . . . it's hard to beat.

May God bless,
Dwight
excuse me while I go burn my eyes out

·
Registered
445 Posts
Yea that gun makes me sick... I think a cop or crook would mistake it for an ugly toy gun from 1986.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Ugly please, not hideous! Surely somebody has a 1911 that lived a few years in a toolbox on the back of a John Deere tractor or something?

·
Registered
778 Posts
Those grips absolutely ruin the look of that last one...

Bwahahahah

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Grips are available

Last weekend went to the PRO gun show in Columbus, Ohio, . . . found a guy who does custom handgun grips.

If you really have to have a set of Hildebeast grips for your red & green 1911, you can contact Charles P. Bebout at 1-740-962-3812. He was at the show and had some very good looking grips for different handguns.

He cannot put an actual photo on the grips, . . . but he can scrimshaw it on.

May God bless,
Dwight

·
Registered
705 Posts
The almost sure winner ... not photoshopped and not painted green, that is ... would have to be the one a guy posted over on TheHighRoad.org.

He bought it cheap after it was sold off by some county somewhere cleaning out its evidence lockers. Long back-story you'll have to read there, but it apparently sat in a bin covered in ... other evidence...(read: blood), for some years.

Amazing what damage that will do.

See it here: http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=330364

1 - 20 of 28 Posts