1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ultramax Ammo-Questions

I went to a large sporting goods store for some umc rounds but they were out. The clerk tells me about these ultramax factory reloads. I buy a box of 150 for $24. Is this a good deal or is this stuff bad news. I got nervous when i opened the box and saw different kinds of casings and black tarnished bullets instead of shiny copper ones.

Im a big-time noob so dont be afraid to dumb it down for me.
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
11 Posts
I purchased 3 boxes of 50 rounds of Ultramax.

I hate Ultramax ammo and will never buy it again. It is extremely dirty and I have had a few FTFs. MagTech is a dream compared to Ultrmax. It is much cleaner and feeds flawlessly.

Plus MagTech is brand new factory ammo vs. "Remanufactured"

Just my experience FWIW.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Ultramax was one of the first ammos I found to feed flawlessly in my finicky 1911. For the price its great range ammo, I buy it regularly when available.

Its about average in the "cleanliness" catagory. But I tend to use the same cleaning routine regardless of ammo choice. wet patch, brush, dry patch: repeat, repeat.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Ultramax ammo is fine

We buy our practice ammo for our PD through Ultramax, probably over 200K since I have been there. It is fine. They use Accurate Arms powder for their reloaded ammo. I have been noticing that the 165gr .40 ammo is really dirty, I am pretty sure they are using #7 powder, so it is too slow and not all burning up, but the price is right, so what the hey!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts